You’ve probably heard the old adage that “nothing in life is certain but death and taxes.
Thanks to everyone that joined our webinar on global time and gross pay last week, whether we caught you in the US, Canada, or Australia!
We had a great session with some of our experts at the helm. In this discussion, we focused on some of the biggest hurdles organizations like yours face when it comes to managing complex timekeeping needs, field-based workers, statutory and specific labor compliance, and multiple locations – including across the globe. Here is a recap with our key takeaways and some top questions. If you’re looking for more details, you can click here to watch the recording of the full presentation.
- Most global organizations are guilty of dedicating the majority of their resources to gross pay implementations for their largest regions. Smaller branches end up relying on outsourced, disparate systems to get by – despite the fact that it can be prohibitively expensive and complicated to navigate local compliance in those locations.
- Despite these obstacles, this is the traditional approach most organizations rely on for global time and gross pay, resulting in fractured data. This approach to global time and gross pay can isolate information.
- This results in some of the most common challenges that businesses face when streamlining global time and gross pay:
- Complex time capture needs for some or all employees
- Requirements around time capture and pay rules for remote and field-based employees
- Global regions or multiple locations requiring local configuration
- Gross pay compliance resulting from multiple global/regional locations, complex union rules, and collective bargaining agreements
- What qualities should you look for when considering a change in your organization’s global time and gross pay solution? A time management platform that offers:
- Advanced configurability and flexibility to support complex time tracking requirements around labor distribution, field workers, job costing, attestation & auditability ensure a single source of truth for all employee types and use cases across your diverse, multi-location organization.
- Mobile-first interfaces to enable field-based employees and supervisors with self-service timesheets, GPS tracking, geofencing, push notifications and more.
- Built-in global labor compliance with a preconfigured pay rule library as well as pay rule engine to take care of specific gross pay compliance rules like collective bargaining agreements, unions rules, & complex pay and piece rates.
- Global scalability across large organizations without the need for expensive customization ensuring rapid deployment, reduced overall costs, and faster ROI.
- Seamless integrations to share gross pay data with existing HR and payroll systems for global insights leveraging the robust Replicon API that can plug and play with any business ecosystem.
- No HR or payroll transformation can be complete without modernizing your enterprise time management system.
Q: Can Replicon customize validations and approvals?
A: Yes. We refer to this as configuration, and it’s absolutely something we can do for each organization.
Q: What about project and resource management capabilities?
A: Yes! We offer actual, comprehensive project management, wherein projects can be easily set up, have time tracked against them, and show who is working on what. On top of that, we can also capture expenses against projects for a more inclusive look. We offer integration with Concur so data can be shared to provide a holistic view of cost and utilization. We also see many organizations with project management solutions already, but who still look to us for more accurate and agile data capture for billing.