You’ve probably heard the old adage that “nothing in life is certain but death and taxes.
Earlier this week, Replicon presented an exclusive webinar with attorney and compliance expert Brian Dixon, co-chair, Wage and Hour Practice Group at Littler Mendelson, one of the biggest and best-known law firms in the United States. Praveen Krishnan, Replicon’s senior director of product management, also took part in the discussion and fielded questions from more than 600 attendees.
Brian spoke on why accurate recording and maintenance of work time records is crucial for organizations today. He and Praveen offered valuable advice on best practices to be followed by organizations. Praveen also gave a quick overview of how Replicon’s time and attendance software benefits thousands of customers. Some of the major aspects that were covered by Brian included:
- Types of work related activities that can unexpectedly extend the workday, such as security checks, shift turnovers, donning and doffing of uniforms, and other incidental activities
- Scenarios in which incidental work activities can be considered de minimis and thus not recordable work time
- Situations in which work time can—and cannot—be rounded off
- How meal periods should be recorded, and how exceptions should be reported
- Types of certifications that should be obtained for work time and meal and rest periods
- Safeguards that must be in place regarding supervisors’ ability to edit time entries
To learn more about how you can improve your workforce time and attendance, view the recording of this webinar.