RK Dixon is an office solutions integrator dedicated to providing a wide range of products and services to their customers. The company history began 20 years ago with one man selling copier products and has grown today to over 200 employees. RK Dixon has maintained a strong focus on the copier products that made them successful. However, they have recently expanded their business to providing networking integration services.
RK Dixon had many challenges with their current in-house time tracking system:
- Human error was causing challenges in billing clients accurately and on time, deeply affecting RK Dixon’s cash flow
- There was no accountability towards hours worked on projects
- They needed a solution that could consolidate customer project information and work that was previously performed to effectively support customers in the future
- The application used in the past was not sufficient in features to track and report on time spent by employees on specific projects
- There was no way to report on past projects to assess costs, time spent, and expenses incurred
- Billing or updating clients on project progress was tedious and not cost effective, requiring hours of administrative work
“There was no way to report on past projects to assess costs, time spent, and expenses incurred. ”
RK Dixon like many companies in their industry had grown up tracking time and managing projects using multiple processes and systems. As they began to grow and venture into new areas of business, the need to more accurately charge clients and increase the flexibility of their reporting engines became evident. “We were looking for a system that would be easy to use for everyone, but also be robust enough to handle our wide range of requirements. Our prior system had no way of looking back at past project costs without manually calculating it out and creating elaborate spreadsheets. We needed to find something that could do this for us in minutes.” said Jenny Hall, Service Coordinator at RK Dixon. Prior to adopting Web TimeSheet, RK Dixon had evaluated numerous other web-based time tracking applications.
However they found that they lacked functionality, were not easy to use, or were not cost effective. “Web TimeSheet met all our criteria and more. The software had everything we needed and once we realized its true capabilities, we were able to extend the use of the application into other departments.” said Hall. “The adoption of Web TimeSheet by employees has been excellent and it is such a simple process that I would recommend this application to anyone looking to track time in their organization.”
For RK Dixon, Web TimeSheet had:
- Built in checks and balances that ensured employees entered their time accurately
- An easy to use and intuitive interface that maximized adoption success by employees
- A web-based platform that allowed for simple time entry, reporting and project set-up via web browser from anywhere in the world
- Features that allowed the user to accurately consolidate and report on past project information, minimizing the risk of under bidding on future projects
- Over 175 built in reports that could provide RK Dixon with real time information on project costs
- Client reporting that was simple and quick to use, with features to run reports in seconds and e-mailing them off for approval
- The ability to provide immediate feedback to payroll, human resource, and management departments on employee time and expenses
For RK Dixon, the benefits from implementing Web TimeSheet were immediate. “We are now able to run reports and make informative decisions on things that were not possible with our old system. By having our employees enter in accurate time, the benefits have really trickled down to every part of our business including better project costing, accurate and timely billing, improved human resource management, and increased employee productivity.” said Hall. Web TimeSheet’s flexibility and reporting power allows organizations to use the application for all areas of their business and is not restricted to just time tracking.
Accurate Cost Estimates
Customers of RK Dixon often request a fixed cost project, which requires the company to set a price before work begins. Before Web TimeSheet, many project costs were under estimated due to their existing system not having the functionality to report and pull data from past projects. “By running a report in Web TimeSheet on a past project, we can quickly assess the costs of future projects and provide accurate prices to our customers. It is just another part of Web TimeSheet that has improved the overall process at our company.” said Hall.
Proven Return on Investment
“Once we implemented Web TimeSheet we immediately noticed that there were project costs that were not billed to our clients over the years using our old system. Web TimeSheet has built in checks and balances that allow us now to accurately bill our clients in a very timely manner, improving our company’s cash position.” said Hall.
Continued Customer Satisfaction
Due to the nature of their business, RK Dixon needed to see results that would help improve their billing cycle and improve overall customer service. “Web TimeSheet has really improved our overall customer service. When customers call, we can now quickly update them on the projects progress by running a report in Web TimeSheet and sending over the results.” said Hall. “Replicon really has it together. You have an excellent product that has been a great investment for our company and a superb customer service team that is always friendly and willing to resolve any issues we may have.”
“Web TimeSheet has really improved our overall customer service. When customers call, we can now quickly update them on the projects progress by running a report in Web TimeSheet and sending over the results. ”
- Reduced time in billing cycle, increasing customer service and satisfaction
- Estimated costs and resources on projects more accurately in less time
- Made informed decisions with reporting tools that highlight employee productivity, project costing and monthly billing
"By running a report in Web TimeSheet on a past project, we can quickly assess the costs of future projects and provide accurate prices to our customers. It is just another part of Web TimeSheet that has improved the overall process at our company."
Service Coordinator, RK Dixon