Solutions Atlantic is a Boston-based software company, founded in 1998. Fusing technological expertise and investments industry savvy, Solutions Atlantic provides off-the-shelf solutions or works under contract to develop custom applications for investment managers.
Solutions Atlantic needed to:
- Improve their invoicing process for both time and materials.
- Standardize their time-tracking methods rather than recalling time spent from memory.
- Generate documentation for clients to support billing statements.
- Perform careful costing on fixed price projects to prevent loss.
- Improve visibility into time spent during project activities to allow for mid-course corrections.
- Track and allocate vacation time, sick time, and time off.
- Record internal projects, fully accounting for employee hours to manage time towards revenue generation.
- Streamline employee reminders.
- Prevent record ‘holes’ left by human error.
- Select a scalable time-tracking product to perform as the company grew.
Though Solutions Atlantic researched other products before settling on Web TimeSheet, the choice became clear early on.
During a project with a client who used a Web TimeSheet competitor, Solutions Atlantic had the opportunity to contrast the two experiences.
“We had pretty extensive experience with a Web TimeSheet competitor through a joint project with a client, and there’s really no comparison as far as anyone here is concerned. Web TimeSheet’s interface was easier to use, the out of the box reports much more usable, and the configurability far superior.” said Fournier.
Web TimeSheet has:
- Real-time data reports, reducing invoicing cycles and accurately detailing time spent on specific tasks.
- Clear visibility and up to date information for cost and profit analysis.
- Flexible project definitions to allow for billable/non-billable, internal/external projects.
- Built-in functionality to track employee vacation, sick time and other time off categories.
- Automatic e-mail reminders that take the hassle out of managing employee submissions.
- An easy interface encouraging employees to manage their time day-to-day, preventing recording from memory.
- Visibility into individual employee productivity, allowing employees and managers to track progress and maintain accuracy.
Fournier was impressed by the demo version of Web TimeSheet he obtained from Replicon’s website.
“The price was right, and it had the features I was looking for.” said Fournier. “It was also important to me that during the evaluation process the staff were really helpful and nice. I deal with a lot of vendors and some are more helpful than others. Every point of contact at Replicon has been really great.”
Web TimeSheet’s helpful support staff brought Solutions Atlantic through the implementation and adoption process with ease. Solutions Atlantic spent some time internally, mapping their company’s needs into a structure that best took advantage of the system’s capabilities, and deciding what they wished to track and how, but configuring the system was straightforward. “I think I talked to the system administrator once.” said Fournier.
The staff at Solutions Atlantic took to Web TimeSheet quickly. After a company meeting and a small presentation, it was put in use immediately. “Everyone really liked the software. They found the interface very intuitive, and we’re very enthusiastic about the product. Timesheets are in a lot sooner, and very few people have any problems getting them done.”
A True Test of Quality
Fournier notes that Solutions Atlantic now compares other applications to Web TimeSheet’s standards of quality. Solutions Atlantic’s experience with Replicon leaves Fournier comfortable in recommending the product freely. “We have had great success with Web TimeSheet, and other companies should definitely give it a try. We like the software, the price, “We have had great success with Web TimeSheet, and other companies should definitely give it a try. We like the software, the price, and the people.” and the people.”
- Easy user adoption, resulting in quicker turnaround time for timesheet submission
- Prevented profit loss by improving invoicing and project costs
- Little to no data entry errors in timesheets submitted, reducing time and resources used to do data checking
"We have had great success with [Replicon], and other companies should definitely give it a try. We like the software, the price, and the people."