The Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges Information Technology Division is a public entity responsible for providing information technology support services to the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges. Formed to create and maintain legacy applications for administration, financials, student management, records, payroll, and financial aid, SBCTC has been in existence for over 25 years.
- Was using a program written in COBOL, an in-house application that became cumbersome to maintain as the company grew.
- Needed to convert all their applications to web-based models.
- Cost and time of maintaining the in-house time tracking application kept growing past their original projections, taking valuable resources away from revenue generating projects.
“The old system was a little cumbersome, and we wanted to go to a web-based environment. ”
SBCTC had a functional time-tracking application developed in-house, but it had become outdated. “The old system was a little cumbersome, and we wanted to go to a web-based environment, and Web TimeSheet did a great job of moving us in that direction,” says Greg Zickuhr, Director of Customer Services. Web TimeSheet streamlined the SBCTC time-tracking process by reducing the amount of data being recorded, bringing focus back to the reported information, and helping the company to examine their analysis needs.
- Web TimeSheet provided global access wherever there was an Internet connection.
- Easy initial implementation took the worry out of the conversion.
- Simplicity of a web-based tool allowed employee transition to be minimal.
- In-house maintenance costs were eliminated by purchasing Web TimeSheet.
- Web TimeSheet’s robust reporting features allowed for easy management decision-making.
Ease of Use
Web TimeSheet’s online accessibility was an important aspect of SBCTC’ choice. “All of our legacy programs were moving to the Web, and Web TimeSheet was part of the process of making our application set accessible online.” said Zickuhr. Implementation of the product was completed in less than three days, and it was quickly adopted by the company’s 75 users due to its intuitive interface. Data analysis has been simplified and fool proofed with easy, customizable reporting options, reducing complications and eliminating guesswork.
Quantify the Value
Web TimeSheet has helped SBCTC reduce time spent on monthly analysis from one full day of work to one hour of work. “For individuals responsible for reporting, we’re saving about seven hours.” said Zickuhr. Accounting is also removed from the process, and the reports can be handled by middle management for easy review. “It’s saved us the annual maintenance cost by simplifying the quantifying of data so we can use it for reporting purposes.”
Replicon was an easy choice for Zickuhr. “I liked Replicon’s product, their price, and their straightforward, simple approach. I just went ahead and made the choice.” Web TimeSheet’s free demo proved a valuable tool, making the introduction of the application easy. “I showed the executive team what Web TimeSheet could do using the demo.” Zickuhr said. “It encouraged them, and they gave me the go-ahead.”
“It's saved us the annual maintenance cost by simplifying the quantifying of data so we can use it for reporting purposes. ”
- Cut down on maintenance costs with simplified data that can be used for reporting purposes
- Reduced time spent on monthly analysis from 1 day to 1 hour
- Simplified and standardized their time tracking in line with their programs for easier access
"I would definitely recommend [Replicon]. It's web-based, simple, quick, within a reasonable price range, but robust enough to do what it has to do."
Director of Customer Services, SBCTC