Enterprise Unified Solutions (eUS) is dedicated to the sales, implementation, and support of open systems computer telephony and workflow solutions such as:
- IP Telephony Solutions
- Secure Remote Access Solutions (Voice and Data)
- Enterprise Security Solutions
- Wireless Solutions
- Data Network Solutions
- Workflow Architecture and Solutions
Mike Lewellyn, Manager, maintained the operating flow within the company, including the management of time tracking.
- Did not use a formal time tracking process, either written or electronic, before evaluating Web TimeSheet. This created concerns about resistance to a new system.
- Have billable time for clients recorded as it occurred, leaving non-billable hours unaccounted for.
- Productivity and efficiency of individual staff members was extremely hard to estimate due to the fact that non-billable work, however important, was not recorded.
- Had a client server solution that was unworkable, as employees often work remotely.
eUS compared Web TimeSheet to other time-tracking applications, but found that competitors came up short. “One of the two applications didn’t adapt at all to a small company, and the other was underdeveloped as a software solution and couldn’t fulfill our needs.” said Lewellyn. Web TimeSheet’s polished, scalable product compared favorably.
“Our implementation process took a couple of days,” said Lewellyn, “but that’s only because we waited for an upcoming upgrade on purpose to make sure the interface would remain consistent. The actual set-up took under four hours.” eUS started with basic customized project and client listings, and gradually introduced features and updates in reaction to feedback from employees.
Before Web TimeSheet, the staff at eUs had not been accountable to a structured time-recording process. Potential opposition to the introduction of Web TimeSheet was of concern to management, and they were very anxious to ensure the system they chose wouldn’t impede the adoption of a new process. “And that’s been a pleasant surprise.” said Lewellyn. “Web TimeSheet is so easy and self-explanatory that the process went very, very smoothly.” eUS employees didn’t require any formal training with Web TimeSheet. The software was introduced during a 15 minute meeting and afterwards, the users simply incorporated time-entry into their work schedules. “The program has performed well, and individuals have been outspoken and complimentary about the solution. It’s been very well received.”
- Web TimeSheet’s intuitive interface and easy implementation made for a completely painless adoption.
- Projects, clients, and types of work were very flexible through Web TimeSheet, meaning that employees could list internal or non-billable easily alongside client work.
- Web TimeSheet created an immediate picture of productivity for employees and their managers. Clear, customizable reports analyze information vital to the sustenance of a consulting business.
- Web TimeSheet provided global access wherever there’s an Internet connection, keeping off-site employees in the loop.
“In the short time we’ve been using the product, we have gained substantial insight into the productivity of individual employees, and we have recognized a measurable increase in billable hours.” said Lewellyn.
Web TimeSheet has improved productivity by providing a real-time window into employee efficiency. “It’s the report card effect.” said Lewellyn. “Everyone is reminded of their own time usage, and employees take responsibility for their own time.” While fiscal improvements don’t occur overnight, awareness and understanding is immediate.
When asked to describe major benefits of Web TimeSheet, Lewellyn’s response is immediate. “Without question, the solid information describing effort and apparent activity. Before Web TimeSheet, we didn’t have a good impression of a typical day.” Web TimeSheet also allows employees to better represent all of their activities, rather than just billable ones. “There’s a lot of time invested in supporting a consulting arrangement; things that aren’t directly chargeable but are required, and now that’s quantified.”
“Bringing Web TimeSheet as a product to the organization allowed us to introduce a much more effective time collecting process. I would give an unreserved, strong recommendation to companies with circumstances similar to our own.” said Lewellyn.
- Measurable increase in billable hours, increasing cash flow
- Able to report on daily activity, which has helped estimating costs and resources
- Easy user adoption reducing transition time and allowing for increased productivity
"When our organization decided to evaluate a time tracking solution there was some hesitation on our end, understanding that there may be some user resistance to change. Web TimeSheet's ease of use and friendly interface has eliminated this problem all together. We have fully implemented Web TimeSheet across our organization and could not be happier with Replicon's product and service."