Resource Management Software
Manage your resources like an asset with a unified AI-powered resource management software. Gain complete control over your resources, schedules, and costs.
Polaris for Resource Management
The Polaris self-driving PSA platform serves as the system of record for your project based organisation and helps manage all of your resources. All resource related information, pool database, resource requisitions and resources allocated to projects can be easily managed to get instant visibility and communicated to other teams involved.
Resource Management Software Designed For Remote Teams
- Get a comprehensive view of global resources along with their current and future allocation levels.
- Create a single source of truth for all resource related details including their departments, location, skill sets, competencies, etc.,
- Get insights into resource availability and engagement period to easily identify when the next availability of resources will be.
- Initiate communication with remote resources and stakeholders while keeping all the conversations within the context of a given project or client.
Streamline Resource Planning
- Integrate our resource management software with your CRM to sense incoming demand from sales opportunities and start early conversations with stakeholders.
- Search for resources in minutes based on the availability, skills, location, or other criteria.
- Leverage built-in collaboration workflows for project resource allocation and fulfilment.
- Account for resource requirements by assigning placeholder resources to pending projects.
Find The Right Resource For Every Project
- Use SmartMatch – an intelligent resource recommendation engine – to automatically identify ideal resources for the project/job based on real-time data.
- Use a single resource management tool to quickly locate resources based on availability, location, skill set, department, or other criteria.
- Allocate resources to projects by percentage of total availability or by hours per day.
Maximise Utilisation With Modern Resource Management Tools
- Use graphical representation to easily spot underutilised or over-utilised resources in real-time.
- Report on utilisation by various dimensions with dynamic charts and graphs.
- Optimise resource cost based on available resources cost and assignment locations.
- Move resources from non-billable to billable tasks and reduce bench time by identifying open assignments that fit the resources’ skills.
Make Informed Hiring And Training Decisions
- Track skills, certificates and expertise levels of all resources in a centralised single repository.
- Analyse the skills gap within the existing capacity to proactively hire or retrain resources and bridge the capacity vs demand gap.
- Manage certification updates with attestation right within the resource allocation tool.
- Create a reference catalogue of skills needed by each role.
- Proactively train reserved resources for incoming projects and optimise resource allocation levels.
- Create learning programs to improve engagement, productivity, and reduce employee attrition.
Execute Resource Forecasting And Capacity Planning With Confidence
- Predict resource requirements based on newly-approved projects and incoming demand from sales opportunities.
- Get full visibility into time off, regional holiday calendars, and schedules to determine availability.
- Break departmental silos and gain organisation-wide visibility into resources who are well-suited for the project/job.
Explore Other Powerful PSA Capabilities To Improve Resource Management
Automatically pull and plan for projects from your CRM. Use SmartBeats to get instant updates from project users about work done, remaining work, and completion date to take control of project delivery.
Get real-time visibility into all your business metrics – profits, margins, revenues and more with MissionControl. Customise dashboards for every role including resource managers, project managers, and more.
Standardise projects, resources, billing, revenue and other processes across your services organisation. Manage full resource lifecycle from forecasting needs to managing resource allocations and utilisation.
Time & expense management
Track billable and non-billable hours by project even when resources are mobile. Empower resources with intelligent approval workflows and real-time notifications to ensure timely submission and approvals of time and expense.
Factor in 100% of resource time and costs & overheads while creating rate cards to maximise margins and profitability. Calculate true utilisation based on historical information, current, and future availability.
Use the Clients Module to manage customers, vendors, fund sources, service partners or internal departments. Get a consolidated view of all client-specific projects and engagements in one place.
Program & practice management
Roll-up similar projects into programs/practice and set up key attributes including hours, costs, billing and more. Centrally view and manage all projects associated with a practice in real-time.
Leverage versatile bill plan modelling to accommodate various client/project billing needs – fixed-bid, time & materials, flat or any combination. Build rate cards with effectivity dates for each role to model client engagements.
Share critical business data with your ecosystem to enable project and resource planning, billing, and revenue recognition. Leverage turnkey integration capabilities to integrate with any CRM, ERP, HRMS system that you use.
“Before, I’d set up a conversation with our line of business heads to pull together a rudimentary spreadsheet of our resources versus existing or upcoming projects. “
Consulting Managing Director, XoomworksRead More
“We conducted a wide assessment of tools, and Polaris was the clear forerunner in driving better resource efficiencies across the organization”
Associate Operations ManagerRead More
“Polaris allows us to better plan our resources, and gives us a degree of data granularity that we never had before”
Program ManagerRead More
“By understanding what people are working on, we can minimize the amount of administrative tasks on people’s plates, as well as improve how we plan and forecast resources for new projects”
Chief of Staff (RDO Division)Read More