Allowing a client to approve timesheets before billing
You can allow representatives of your clients to approve the time that members of your organization submit against that clients projects. This feature is useful if you want clients to approve project hours before billing, when they can be easily corrected. A client representative can log in to Replicon just like any other user, but their access is limited to approving their own project data only.
Client representatives can only approve time if your organization is using the Standard legacy timesheet format or configurable timesheets using the new product suite. Client reps cannot view or approve time punches.
To set up a client representative, an administrator:
- Ensures a Client Representative permission set is available and its permissions meet your requirements.
- Creates a user and assigns them the Client Representative permission set.
In most cases, you would not assign this user any other permission sets or templates. Don't assign client reps report access, since reports will show data for all projects and clients, not just that client's data.
However, you might also want to assign the client rep notifications so they know when a timesheet is awaiting their approval. If you assign notifications, be sure to edit them if you don't want totals for all projects to display.
- Includes a Client Representative role in approval paths assigned to that client's projects' teams.
Then, a project manager:
- Assigns the Client Representative to the client they represent.
- Assigns the Client Representative to projects whose time you want them to approve.
- Gives them their Replicon access information, and ensures they understand how to approve time.
To assign a client representative to a client:
- Go to Clients.
- Select the name of the client you want to assign a representative to.
- Click the button located in the top, right-hand corner of the page, and select Client Representatives from the drop-down that displays.
A dialog displays.
- Click the Add Client Representative field, and select a user.
Only those assigned a Client Representative permission set will display in this list.
- Click the + Add button.
- Click Save.
The client representative you added is now available to assign to projects for that client.
To assign a client representative to a project:
- Go to Projects > Projects.
- Select the name of the project you want to add a client representative to.
- Click the Project Info button located in the upper, right-hand corner of the page.
- Select a name from the Client Representative field.
- Click Save.
The selected client representative will now be sent hours entered against that project to approve provided Client Representative is included in the approval path assigned to the project’s resources.
Can we assign a client rep approver for multi-client projects?
No, client rep approvers don't work with cost allocation or bucket projects.
Will the client representative see the entire timesheet when approving?
They will only see data entered against projects to which they are assigned.
Can we add client representatives to the project team? Can they act as project managers?
This type of user cannot be added to project teams and cannot be assigned as project managers, unless you give them other project permissions.
Does it cost extra to give a client representative access to Replicon?
Consult your Replicon sales rep for pricing details.