Setting up a client
If you bill clients for project work, or track costs per client, you’ll need to set up client profiles in your system. Use the procedure below to add a single client, or use the Replicon Import Add-in (RIA) to import clients and their data using a spreadsheet.
To add a client:
- Go to Clients.
- Click Add New Client.
- Enter the client’s name in the dialog that displays, and click Add Client.
- To add details about the client, click the Client Info button in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
You can add the client’s address, billing address, contact information, invoice currency, and tax profile. You will be assigned as the client’s manager by default, since you created the client, though you can change this.
- Use the Expenses and Billing Rates tabs to assign the default expense codes and rates to the client.
The defaults you choose will be used when you create a project for this client.
- To add new projects for this client, select the Projects tab, and click the + Add New Project button.
You can also associate the client with any new project you create under the Projects tab, or add a client to an existing project.
If you don’t want a client to be available for assignment to projects, you can set their status to Inactive. Inactive clients cannot be associated with additional projects, but retain all existing project assignments. Resources can still enter time and expenses against an inactive client’s projects.
To view an inactive client, select the Inactive status filter on the client list page.
To make a client inactive:
- Go to Clients.
- Click the name of the client in question.
- In the client status summary bar in the top, right-hand corner of the page, click Active.
- Select Inactive from the drop-down that displays.
Do I have to specify an invoice currency?
No. If you specify no currency, your system's base currency will be selected by default on all invoices, but you can change this to any currency in your system.
Running client reports
Tracking costs and billing for a client
Reviewing the billing status of a client
Allowing a client to approve timesheets before billing
Setting default billing rates and expense codes for a client