Adding a project
Projects can be used for many purposes, such as invoicing clients, calculating costs, tracking productivity, monitoring progress, resourcing, budgeting and forecasting, supporting audit compliance, and determining profit.
Adding a new project
To add a project:
- Select Projects from the side menu.
- Click the + Project button located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the page.
- Complete the fields in the dialog that displays, then click Add Project.
Your new project will display.
- Update settings for the project on the following tabs:
- Summary - assign basic settings, and track hours, cost, and budget progress for the project
- Resourcing - assign resources to the project
- Tasks - add tasks to the project and assign task owners to those tasks (resources must be allocated to the project before they can be assigned to tasks)
Projects you’ve added are available on the Projects > Timeline or Projects > List pages.
All new projects are set as Managed by default, but you can change this. You can also update and customize the project's status.
Where is my project?
If you can’t see your project at Projects > Timeline, you might be looking at the wrong project type list. Try clicking the Managed/Unmanaged toggle located at the top, right-hand corner of the page, and see if your project appears.
Why do I keep having to click Edit?
The Edit button helps ensure critical project settings aren’t accidentally changed.
Can we revert the project’s status to an older status or skip a status?
Can I mass add or edit projects?
If you need to mass add or edit projects, we recommend using our import tool.
What are managed vs unmanaged projects?
Updating basic summary settings for a project
Adding a task to a project
Adding a bill plan to a project
Mass adding, updating, and deleting data using data import