Viewing and updating a project’s status
Four project statuses are available in Polaris PSA, that reflect the four typical phases of project execution:
The project’s current status displays at the top, left-hand corner of that project’s page.
Each status has customizable sub-steps that you can mark off as you complete them, to keep track of where you are in the project’s setup and execution.
Changing the status of the project will change the header color of the Projects page, so you can see the status of each project at a glance.
You can also filter all projects by status, by clicking the tabs at the top of the Projects page.
To change a project’s status:
- Go to Projects > List, and open the project.
The current status displays right under the project’s name, in the top, left-hand corner of the page.
- Click the icon beside the name of the current status.
- Click Set Status beside the desired status label. You can also check off completed tasks, if you want.
You can create a custom list of tasks for each project status, that you can then check off as they’re completed. Note that changes you make apply only to that project.
To edit the task list for a status:
- Open the project status interface by clicking the icon.
- Click the Edit button located at the top, right-hand corner of the page.
The task names will become editable.
- Make any desired changes. You can also add or remove items by clicking the and icons.