Adding a program
A program is a set of projects, budgeted and managed together. You might choose to create programs:
- To group projects for convenient access and reporting
- To assign a cost budget to a group of projects
To add a program:
- Select Programs from the side menu.
- Click the icon located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the page.
- In the dialog that displays, enter the program’s name and select a program manager (or select No Program Manager).
You will be assigned as the program manager by default, since you created the program, though you can change this.
- Click Add Program.
- Update information for the program, if necessary - see the section below for details.
Updating program information
To update information for a program:
- If you’re editing an existing program, go to Programs > List and select the program to edit. The Programs page for the program displays.
If you just created the program, this page should display by default.
- Click the Edit button located in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- To update start and end dates for the program or the program manager, click the icon located in the Basic Info section.
Then update fields in the dialog that displays.
- To upload a document or attach a web address for a file associated with the program, click the File/Web Address button.
- To view and edit projects for this client, click the Projects tab.
- To view billing and invoicing information related to this program, click the Billing & Invoicing tab.
What’s the difference between a portfolio and a program?
Programs and portfolios are similar, but they serve different purposes. Programs are like super-projects, whereas portfolios manage work on larger goals. Plus:
- Programs have start and end dates, whereas portfolios do not since they tend to be ongoing
- A portfolio has a single shared budget for its projects, whereas a program’s projects typically don’t share a budget
Adding a project
Working with portfolios
What are managed vs unmanaged projects?
Viewing and updating a project's status