How do I make activity selection mandatory?
If you require your employees to always enter time against an activity, you can make activity selection mandatory when users enter time in their timesheet.
To make activity selection mandatory:
- Go to Administration > Employees and Organization > Users.
- Find the user for whom activity selection should be required, and click their name.
- In their user profile, click Timesheets and make note of the name of their timesheet template.
- Go to Administration > Timesheets > Timesheet Templates.
- Click the name of the template you noted from the user profile.
- If you’re editing a legacy Standard and In/Out timesheet, select the Activity Selection is Required option.
This change will take effect as of the next new timesheet the user accesses. Once the rule is in effect, the user won’t be able to submit timesheets without first selecting an activity for each entry.