How do I make activity selection mandatory?
Looking for help with this feature in Polaris PSA or Polaris PPM? Check out How do I make activity selection mandatory? in the Polaris help.
If you require your employees to always enter time against an activity, you can make activity selection mandatory when users enter time in their timesheet.
To make activity selection mandatory:
- Go to Administration > Employees and Organization > Users.
- Find the user for whom activity selection should be required, and click their name.
- In their user profile, click Timesheets and make note of the name of their timesheet template.
- Go to Administration > Timesheets > Timesheet Templates.
- Click the name of the template you noted from the user profile.
- Click the +Validations link.
Then select the Activity/Project Required validation rule.
- If you’re editing a legacy Standard and In/Out timesheet, select the Activity Selection is Required option.
This change will take effect as of the next new timesheet the user accesses. Once the rule is in effect, the user won’t be able to submit timesheets without first selecting an activity for each entry.
Setting up activities for time tracking
How Replicon timesheets work
Time tracking setup checklist
Setting up timesheets (video)
Deleting and regenerating a timesheet
1. In configurable timesheets:
- This option applies to projects as well, so if the employee has access to projects, they can select a project rather than an activity to satisfy the validation rule.
- Timesheet submission will only be prevented if you have the Errors prevent submission or Warnings prevent submission workflow condition enabled in the timesheet template, and the Warning (ON) / Error (OFF) switch is set appropriately in the Activity/Project Required rule (e.g. it's set to Error if you have the Errors prevent submission condition enabled).