Booking or editing time off on behalf of a report
You can submit a time off booking on behalf of one of your direct reports. You may need to do to this to expedite approval of a last minute request, or if a report is for some reason unable to make the booking.
To book time off for a direct report:
- Go to Team > Time Off.
- Click the Book Time Off button in the top, right-hand corner of the page.
Or, in the calendar, click the day you want to book off.
If you need to make a multi-day booking, you can click the first day and hold the mouse button down as you move the cursor to the last day.
A Book Time Off dialog displays.
- Select the report’s name from the User drop-down.
- From the Type field, select the type of time off.
- Update the start and end dates for the booking, if necessary.
- Select how much of the day the report will be absent, if an option is available. If they’re taking a partial day off, you’ll have to enter the Start Time – the time when their time off will begin.
- Click Submit for approval.
If you are the booking’s only approver, the item will be automatically approved once you submit it, as your approval is implied.
To edit or delete a booking:
- Go to Team > Time Off, and open the booking.
- Click the Edit Time Off button in the lower, left-hand corner.
If this button isn’t available, you don’t have permission to edit or delete the booking.
- Select Delete Time Off, or make changes to the booking and click Resubmit, as required.
How will the user know if I edited, submitted, or deleted their booking?
If you change or delete a booking, the user will receive a mobile or email notification that the booking was edited or cancelled, assuming these notifications are enabled for the user.
If you submit a booking for a user, when they get notice that it was approved, that message will indicate who the booking was submitted by.