Adding tax profiles for invoicing
Looking for help with this feature in Polaris PSA or Polaris PPM? Check out Adding tax profiles for invoicing in the Polaris help.
You can set up a set of tax profiles for use when you invoice clients.
You'll likely want to have a separate profile for each tax jurisdiction you work in. For example, if you perform work in Canada, you might create:
- One tax profile for Alberta that includes 5% GST
- One tax profile for BC and Manitoba, that includes 5% GST and 7% PST
- One tax profile for all regions that charge 15% HST
Then, you'd assign the appropriate profile to clients located in each region.
When you invoice a client, the taxes defined in their assigned tax profile will be automatically applied to invoice amounts.
To add a tax profile:
- Check that Tax Profiles permission is enabled in your Administration set.
- Go to Administration > Company > Tax Profiles, and click Add Tax Profile.
- Give the profile a name.
You might want to name it after a particular client or a jurisdiction (e.g. New York State taxes).
- Click + Add Tax, and a row appears where you can complete the fields for a single tax type. Click + Add Tax again to add more rows, if the profile requires more than one tax type.
- Click Save.
Now, client managers can assign this tax profile to one or more clients.
- You can only assign one profile per client, so be sure to include all relevant taxes
- If a tax rate has changed, or is due to change, you can include multiple rates with unique effective dates by clicking + Add
Then adding the details of the new rate
Rates effective only in the past are hidden, unless you enable the Show Past Rates option.
- You can record a tax registration number for each rate, and choose whether or not it's shown on the invoice
What's the difference between tax profiles and tax codes?
Setting up invoice templates
Creating a new invoice
Sending an invoice to your client
Where do we direct questions about an invoice we received from Replicon?