Tracking the approval status of items
When you are ready to bill a client or run cost reports, you may want to confirm that all timesheets, time off, and expenses for the period are submitted and approved. If an item is stuck in the approval process, you can contact the owner's approvers. Or, you may be able to bypass regular approvals.
To check the approval status of items:
- Go to the Administration > Team.
- Select the tab for the items you want to check, either Timesheets, Time Off, or Expenses.
- Choose a date range to filter by at the top of the page.
- Select the filters to view the items with a particular status. For example, to view unsubmitted and unapproved items, use the Not Submitted and Waiting for Approval filters, respectively.
To find a timesheet’s approvers:
- Find the timesheet in the Timesheets tab.
The name of the next approver displays in the Waiting on Approver column.
- To view all of the remaining approvers, open the timesheet.
- Hover your mouse over the See all approvers link at the top of the timesheet. The pending approvers' names display.
To find a time off booking’s approvers:
- Find the booking in the Time Off tab.
- Open the booking.
The pending approvers are shown on the right side of the booking dialog.
To find an expense sheet's approvers:
- Find the expense sheet on the Expenses tab.
- The name of the next approver displays in the Waiting on Approver column.
If this column is not shown, click the icon to enable it.
- To view all the approvers, open the expense sheet.
The approvers are listed under the main expense sheet table. This includes all approvers, whether they have already approved or not.
- To see which of these people have already approved, scroll down to the Approval Details table.
What does it mean if the timesheet status is Submitting...?
When a timesheet is submitted, the system completes some final processing and validates the data. During this process, the status is set to Submitting.... Typically, you won't see this status as the validation only takes a short time. However, in rare cases it may take a bit longer. Once the processing is complete, the timesheet status automatically updates to either Waiting for Approval or, if there is an error, back to Not Submitted.
Timesheets with the Submitting... status are included under the Not Submitted filter.