Setting up rates for a project
Rates are used to calculate billing amounts if the project uses a Time Billing plan; you don’t need to assign rates if the project’s bill plan isn’t Time-based.
There are three types of rates:
- Project rate - default rate, used if no other rates are assigned to a resource
- Role rate - associated with roles that resources can be assigned
- Resource rate - a rate associated with a specific resource
Each resource will be billed using the most specific rate available to them. That is:
- If a user rate is assigned to a resource, they’ll be billed at that rate.
- If no user rate is assigned, and their assigned role is enabled for the project, they’ll be billed at their role rate.
- If neither a user rate nor their role rate is available, they’ll be billed at the project rate.
To add a rate that can be used for the project:
Click the Edit button located at the top, right-hand corner of the page.
- Click + Rate Type, and select a type.
- For resource rates, select the resource name. For role rates, select the role.
- In the Billing Rate field, add the rate for that resource/role/project.
- You can add additional rates, for each resource/role/project by clicking the icon:
Or, rates for additional resources/roles by clicking the + Add Rate icon:
Each new rate you add must be associated with an effective date, when that rate will replace the rate that's in effect for that type.
Why can’t I click Save in the rate card?
Check that no empty rows display for rates – empty rows prevent you from saving changes.