Bypassing regular approvals
If you are in a rush to get items approved for billing, you can bypass the approval chain. When you approve items as a Billing or Cost Manager, the item becomes fully approved, skipping all pending approvers and any validation. You can even approve unsubmitted items; the item will be automatically submitted and approved.
To approve an item:
- Go to the Administration > Team.
- Select the tab for the items you want to approve, either Timesheets, Time Off, or Expenses.
- Find the items in the list, using the filters as necessary.
- Select the items you want to approve.
- Click the Approve button above the list.
Alternately, you can click Reject to send it back to the owner for correction.
- Click OK in the warning dialog.
- Enter comments, if desired, and click the Approve button.
Submitting an item instead
If you want to bypass approvals for an unsubmitted item, use the Approve button as outlined above. The item will be automatically submitted and approved. However, if you want the item to be submitted for normal approvals, you can use the Submit button. You may be required to enter comments in the prompt.
How approvals work
Approving or rejecting items
Correcting an item
Defining how approvals proceed when bookings are reopened