Saving and sharing reports
You can allow other users in your system to view reports that you own by sharing reports with them.
Saving a report
If you edit a report that you don’t own, or if you want to retain an original report unaltered when making edits, you’ll need to save a copy of the report. In this case, you own the copy you create, and only you will have access to it.
To save a report:
- Go to Reports, and open the report you want to edit. Or, add a new report.
- Make desired changes to the settings and filters. You do not have to run the report.
- Click Save to save the current report settings.
Or, click Save a Copy to create a new report and also retain the original report unchanged.
If no Save button is available, you do not own the report and can only save a copy of your changes.
- If you selected Save a Copy, give the new report a name in the dialog that displays and click Save Report.
You can share any report you own with other individuals in your organization. If you share a report, users will be able to run that report, but will not be able to make any edits to it. If you edit the report, your changes will be visible to users you’ve shared the report with.
To share a report:
- Go to Reports.
- Select the icon at the right-hand end of the row for the report you want to share.
You can also share a report after opening it by clicking the Share button on the report page.
A Share dialog displays.
- Click the User, Group field.
- In the drop-down that displays, click All Users in the left-hand pane.
- From the list that displays in the right-hand pane, choose All Users to share with everyone in your system, or select the name of an individual to share with. You can enter text in the field to filter the list of users.
Only users who have permission to access the type of report you’re sharing will display in the list.
- Click Add.
The selected user or group will display in the Who has access list.
- Select any additional users to share the report with from the User, Group field.
- Click Share.
To stop sharing a report with a user, click the icon beside their name in the Share dialog.
If I share a report with another user, can they view all the data I can see?
Not necessarily. What data a user can view in a report is determined by their permissions, so they may be able to see more or less data than you in the same report, if their assigned permissions differ from yours.
Refer to How your permissions affect what report data is available to you for more information on this.
What reports do I own?
You own any report that you added or saved as a copy. Your name displays in the Owner column beside the name of each report that you own.
Why can't I share a report with certain users?
You can only share a report with users who have access to data in the report. Plus, your administrator might have restricted you from sharing with users in certain groups, for security reasons.
Can I assign a report that I own to a new owner?
Yes, you can reassign a report that you own to another user. After you grant another user ownership, you will no longer be able to edit the original report, though you will still have shared access to it.
To assign a report to a new owner:
- Go to Reports, and find the report whose ownership you want to change.
- Click your name in the Owner column.
- In the dialog that displays, select the new owner from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.