How do I know what projects and tasks I’m assigned to?
You can be allocated to projects; this means that a dedicated percent of your work time, over a given date range, has been assigned to that project. You can also be assigned as a task owner, or to work on tasks within a project.
To understand what you’ve been assigned to, you can:
To help you stay up to date on what projects and tasks you’re assigned to, we recommend enabling web, email, or push notifications related to resourcing. There are three notifications available to project resources:
- Resource Accepted - sent to you when you’re assigned to a project as a resource
- Task Assigned - sent to you when you’re assigned to a task
- Task Status Changed - sent to you when the status of a task you’re assigned to has changed
You can enable these by clicking the Notifications entry in the side menu.
Refer to Setting up resourcing notifications for more information.
To see what projects you’ve been allocated to work on, and when:
- Go to My Work > Overview, and click View My Profile.
Your allocations are listed in the calendar that displays.
When you’re allocated to a project, you may be assigned as a task owner. To see tasks you own:
- Go to My Work > Overview, and view the Tasks section of the page
Tasks you own are organized under Active and Not Started headings. Not Started tasks are all tasks available to work on (i.e. they’ve reached their start date); the Not Started designation just means you haven’t yet started completing beats for the task.
You may still be expected to work on other tasks that you don’t own.