Developing Integrations for Replicon
Replicon offers a comprehensive set of web services for reading, adding, and updating data in the Replicon system. With these services, you can develop tools to integrate Replicon with other systems in your organization.
Accessing Details of the Web Services
To find out what services are available, their formats, and the parameters they support:
- Log in to Replicon.
In the browser address bar, remove everything after the company name and replace it with /services/help/all. For example, if your URL is:
Change it to:
You will see a list of available services.
Click on a service name to see a list of operations for that service, and the format and parameters required for each operation.
Tips on Using the Services
- Use HTTP Basic authentication to connect to Replicon.
In the list of operations, click on the operation name to access an interface for executing the operation through your browser. This may be helpful for learning how to work with the services. However, you will be editing live data in your system when executing operations. Please take all necessary precautions.
When editing an item, you are required to provide the URI of the item you wish to edit. The URI is the internal label used in the system to identify the item. The URI can be determined using one of the following methods:
- Use the GetAll operation to get a list of all items of that type and their URIs.
- In the Fields tab, click the icon to the right of the field to get a list of all items of that type, shown with their display name. Select the name of the item and the URI will automatically be filled in.
- The permissions you have in the Replicon application apply equally to the web services. When creating an integration, you may want to set up a separate user account for the integration to use, with full permissions for the system.
Drafts are like temporary objects that appear on the UI only when you publish them. Before you create an entity (project/program/user etc.) , you can create a draft.
Example: To create a draft of a Project:
- Select the operation ProjectService1.
- Click CreateNewDraft and click Submit.
- Copy the uri that is generated.
- If you want to update a project name, select UpdateName.
- Enter the uri (from step 3) and enter a name for the project.
- Click Submit.
- To make the project available in the UI, you must publish it.
- Select PublishDraft; enter the uri (from step 3) and click Submit.
The application will now reflect the project you created.
For More Information
For help on setting up an integration using the web services, please contact our Support team.