A time card or timesheet calculator is used for recording the start and the end of an employee’s working hours. There are different types of time cards that meet the labor laws that an organization needs to comply with. Once the data is captured in the time card, it can then be used for calculating the total number of hours worked and overtime hours, if applicable. This can be done manually but a time card calculator is the better choice.
What is a Time Card?
- A time card records the start and the end time of an employee’s working hours, which helps calculate the total productive hours and the overtime hours worked.
- A time card calculator with lunch breaks can record the employee’s meal break hours and deduct this from the total working hours and the overtime hours.
- A time card can be a simple excel spreadsheet template with formulas or time data can be automatically calculated using our Free Online Time Card Calculator.
What is a Time Card / Timesheet Calculator?
- The time card calculator takes the timesheet data and automatically calculates employees’ total work hours including lunch breaks and overtime computations.
- Time clock calculator helps eliminate manual errors and automates the calculation process to arrive at employees’ total work hours, payroll computation and billable hours.
- It keeps track of work hours, breaks, leaves, overtime, and pay on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
How to use a Time Card Calculator?
- You can start filling in the clock-in and clock-out time along with the lunch breaks by using either a weekly time card or a bi-weekly time card format by selecting/deselecting the checkbox based on your requirements.
- The total amount payable to an employee is calculated automatically based on the preset hourly pay rate and number of work hours entered in the timesheet.
- Overtime pay can be applied by simply selecting the check box.
How can a Timesheet Calculator help you?
- A time card accurately captures the total number of hours worked by an employee and deducts the non-working hours and/or breaks.
- Time clock calculators can help the employer in processing payrolls by accurately calculating the pay for the worked hours while discounting non-productive/break time.
- A time card calculator can also be used to compute billable hours for the purpose of costing and invoicing clients