Download Free Project Timesheet Template
The Project timesheet template helps to track project activities and hours. The project description can be listed along with the project code. You can describe specific tasks, and show clock in and clock out for the day. Also, you can keep track of project hours on a daily, weekly, and project basis.
The Project timesheet template can be used when you work with multiple clients and need to calculate hours worked on specific projects. It can also be used in organizations where billable hours need to be tracked for sending invoices to customers or where an employee’s time is tracked against projects.
Project timesheets are required to record the start time and end time of the task or the duration of the entire project. This information is essential in generating client bills, estimating, tracking, and managing the entire project costs that are incurred during the process. By using this timesheet template, you can easily consolidate the data, compare those data and efforts and ultimately make necessary analysis.
Using a project timesheet template makes it easy to be well informed and keep the project status on time. Our project timesheet template is designed to help you calculate the total hours worked for a specific project. Depending on your preferences, choose between a PDF file or/and an Excel timesheet template.
How to Download and use Replicon’s Free Project Timesheet Template
Step 1 – Basic Information:
Customize your template with the following information:
- Company Name and Address
- Employee Name
- Supervisor Name
- Hourly Pay ($)
- Overtime Pay ($)
- Regular Hours
Step 2 – Timesheet Data:
In this section, either supervisor or employee can enter the data:
Note: Time should be in hh:mm format (24-hour format). For example, 6 AM should be 06:00 and 6 PM should be 18:00.
- Project Name
- Project Code
- Client Name
- Start Time
- End Time
- Vacation / Sick Hours
Some of the checkpoints to keep in mind while using the excel sheet
- Make sure that the ‘Start Time ‘ is not later than ‘End Time ‘ In case you try to enter wrong value, the cell will turn to red color.
- Enter ‘Break ‘ in hh:mm format.
- Do not change any formulas present in the project timesheet template. Only add/delete entries in start time, breaks, end time and vacation / sick hours columns.
- Regular hours, overtime hours and total hours will be automatically calculated. Overtime hours will be calculated if you exceed 8 hours of regular work-time in a day.
This is all of the information that is required to download your project timesheet template.
Manually managing project timesheet of employees is very tedious job and may lead to miscalculations. Try Replicon’s timesheet management software for free and learn how to manage and automate timesheets effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions on Project Timesheet Template:
- What is a Project timesheet?
- A Project Timesheet tracks the time taken to complete a specific task/project. It uses the data to calculate billable hours and send invoices to the client. Replicon’s Project timesheet helps managers track the costs and the time involved in completing a project.
- What is a project timesheet used for?
- Replicon’s Project TImesheet can be used to:
- Track project activities and hours on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Track billable hours
- Record Start and Stop time of tasks
- Calculate work duration and use data for client analysis
- Replicon’s Project TImesheet can be used to:
- How do you track project hours?
- To track project hours, clock in and clock out at the start and end of the project. The duration depends on the time taken to complete the project. Assign a name and a code for the project. All the data can be saved and downloaded as a PDF/Excel file. The data is compiled to calculate the billable hours and make future analysis.
- How does a project timesheet work?
- Replicon’s project timesheet uses the start and end times of a project to calculate the total billable hours for a specific project. It uses the data to analyze costs and time taken to complete the project. The timesheet records productive hours and eliminates breaks. Try Replicon’s timesheet management software for free.
- How can I track my billable hours in the project timesheet?
- To calculate the billable hours, click on the Clock in time when starting work and then Clock out when logging off. Enter any breaks taken. Replicon’s Project timesheet automatically calculates the productive time and deducting the time taken on breaks. The final duration calculated is the billable hours you’ve worked. Try Replicon Software if you want to automate the project timesheet. To know more about our Replicon timesheet management software in action, contact us.
Try Replicon’s other free timesheet templates