Editing multiple users at once
You can edit multiple users at once to save time and promote accuracy when you need to update user settings. For example, you might use the mass edit feature to assign a new supervisor to a group of users when their old supervisor retires.
You can also use our in-app data import feature to mass edit users.
What fields can we mass edit?
You can edit almost all user profile fields via mass edit. However, users' unique information (name, login name, employee ID, email address, password) is not available for mass editing, and you cannot mass edit users' time off types.
Mass editing user settings
To edit multiple user profiles:
- Go to Administration > Employees and Organization > Users.
- Enable the check box beside the name of each user you wish to edit.
Use the search fields to narrow down the list of users, if necessary.
- Click the Edit button.
- On the Mass Edit page that displays, update user profile fields. Select categories from the menu on the left side of the page to access additional fields.
- Make a change and click the associated save button.
A Mass Edit Confirmation dialog displays. It shows a summary of the changes you've made, and lists the users the changes will be applied to.
- Click Save to confirm the mass edit.
- Continue making additional mass changes, as required.
What do the selected, gray check boxes mean?
If a check box displays as selected and grayed-out, that setting has not been modified. That is, all users will retain their existing setting for that option. You can return a check box to this unmodified state by clicking it until it becomes selected and gray once again.