Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Integration Manager
Refer to the sections below for workarounds and solutions to some issues that can occur when using the QuickBooks Integration Manager.
There is no disk in the drive Please insert a disk into drive error occurs when QuickBooks Integration Manager is launched
When a user tries to launch QuickBooks Integration manager the below given error message shows up and prompts the user with option to click on Cancel, Try Again and Continue.
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive.
This error usually occurs if a previous versions of QuickBooks Integration Manager installed on the computer is corrupt and or might have stopped with an error while being uninstalled.
Uninstall all the versions of QuickBooks Integration manager installed on the computer.
If you are unable to uninstall the previous versions of QuickBooks Integration manager through Add or Remove programs in Windows then you may have to use any third party utility (Available on the internet) to uninstall it. Select a tool that would completely uninstall the software, making sure all files related to QuickBooks Integration manager are uninstalled from the computer. Also make sure all details regarding QuickBooks Integration manager is removed from the Windows Registry as well. After uninstalling all the versions of QuickBooks Integration manager install the latest version of QuickBooks Integration manager through the Integration section in Replicon.
Error opening your company file occurs during QuickBooks integration
Unable to integrate Replicon with QuickBooks Enterprise edition after upgrading QuickBooks. When the user tries to open the company file the following error message displays:
Error opening your company file
This issue occurs because the QuickBooks company file is not updated to the latest version after the QuickBooks upgrade.
Convert the QuickBooks company data file to the latest installed version of QuickBooks. To do this:
- Open the new version of QuickBooks.
- Choose Filefrom the top menu and then click on Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a company fileand then click Next.
- Browse to your data file, select it, and click Open.
- If QuickBooks displays the Move Company Filewindow, read and follow the instructions shown there.
- Read the information in the Update Company File for New Versionwindow, enable by putting a check mark in the box to show you understand, and click Update Now.
- Follow the instructions to back up your company file, and make a note of where you put it, in case you need to refer to it later.
- When the message You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks. Do you want to continue?appears, click Yes.
- Once the company file is updated to the new version, launch QuickBooks Integration Managerand continue with the integration.
Once the company file is updated, it is recommended to store the backup in a safe location. For any future reference.
QuickBooks can’t start because it is already running error displays when starting the QuickBooks Integration Manager
When QuickBooks Integration Manager is launched, an error shows up: QuickBooks can't start because it is already running. Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise can open more than one company file.
When we click OK to this error, another error shows up, QuickBooks is not open. Please open it and then try again.
Both these errors display, when the QuickBooks company file is actually open and is running in Single User Mode only and the user is logged in as an Administrator for the system. Even the company file is not shared on any other system.
This issue is caused by the UAC not allowing QuickBooks Integration Manager to establish a connection with QuickBooks company file, although the QuickBooks has granted permission for QuickBooks Integration Manager full access.
To resolve this issue, bring down the UAC control level to Nil by following the below given steps:
- Type UAC in the start menu or Control Panel search box.
- Then click on the Change User Account Control settings.
- Drag the slider to the last level (at the bottom of the scale).
Error: The following applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup. Close these applications and click.
This message displays when integrating Replicon and QuickBooks.
There could be scenarios where I would have to uninstall and reinstall Replicon Integraton Manager for QuickBooks and may get this error.
You might have closed QuickBooks with the "qbw32.exe" process still running in the background. This is a non-essential process, but QuickBooks should not be terminated while it is running.
Terminate the "qbw32.exe" process and that should help you in uninstalling the Replicon Integration Manager for QuickBooks
Error: 6177.0 occurs when trying to open the company file in QuickBooks
While trying to open the company file in QuickBooks you may encounter the following error message and will give you the dialog box to click on Ok. No other information will be displayed and the QuickBooks cannot open the company file.
6177.0 While trying to open the company file in QuickBooks
When the QuickBooks company file moved from one machine to another or to another drive the permission properties will be affected, and the file integrity needs to be checked.
- Open the location of the company file.
- Right click on the file and select Properties.
- Click on the Security window.
- Select all the users one by one and provide Full Control by clicking on the check box next to allow.
- Click on the Advanced button and navigate to the Owner tab.
- Change the owner to the Administrator or to the person who has logged in to the system.
- Click on OK to close the Advanced Security Settings and OK again to close the file properties window.
- Open the following location to download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Click this link to download the diagnostic tool: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1284324-quickbooks-connection-diagnostic-tool.
- Enter your email address and check the I agree to the terms and conditions options, then click Download Tool button.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the file to install the tool.
- Click Start > All programs > QB connection diagnostic tool > QB connection diagnostic tool on your Windows operating system.
- Under Test Connectivity, click on Browse and select the company file and click on Test Connectivity.
- If you see File Open successful (all Advanced statuses have green check marks) your network connection is working fine, and you should be able to open the file.
- Try opening the QuickBooks company file again.
Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040300 when transferring time from Replicon to QuickBooks.
The following exception error occurs during time transfer from Replicon to QuickBooks.
"Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040300".
A corrupt timesheet in QuickBooks – Weekly Timesheet.
- Log in to QuickBooks as a single-user administrator.
- Select Employees from the top menu bar of the QuickBooks application.
- From the menu, select Enter Time > Use Weekly Timesheet.
- From the Name drop-down item in the Weekly Timesheet window, select the affected user.
- Go to the previous timesheet and return to the active timesheet again.
- Perform the time transfer from Replicon to QuickBooks and this time the transfer should go through successfully.
Error: QuickBooks can’t start because it is already running
When a user tries to open a second company file through the Open option in the File menu drop down of QuickBooks, the user gets the following error message. (One company file is already open in QuickBooks).
QuickBooks can't start because it is already running. Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise can open more than one company file.
When the OK button in the warning box is clicked, QuickBooks crashes and the user gets another error from Replicon Integration Manager for QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is not open. Please open it and then try again.
Replicon Integration Manager for QuickBooks would have a conflicting condition while trying to connect to the first company file or the second company file.
It is not recommended to open a second company file when the first company file is open and Replicon Integration Manager is connected to QuickBooks.
During the Integration process, open one company file so that Replicon Integration Manager can establish connection to that company file.
It is not possible to open a second company file from Open command on the File menu within the QuickBooks. You can only open two company files at the same time in QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions. The first file you open is labeled as Primary and has few limitations. The second file is labeled as Secondary and has more limitations. If you close the primary file when two files are open, the secondary file becomes the primary file.
There are two ways to open a secondary file:
- Navigate to the company file in the file system and double-click the file name.
- Double-click the icon that starts QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Help can only open in the current window. If Help is already open in one widow and you click Help in the other window, Help doesn't open again. Use the Help in the other window to search for a topic.
Error: This version of QuickBooks requires Internet Explorer 6.0
When you launch QuickBooks software, you may encounter the following error message, even though you're running Internet Explorer v6.0 or above.
This version of QuickBooks requires Internet Explorer 6.0
This error is misleading and the problem is due to a missing or incorrect App Paths value in the registry. The App Paths value in 8.3 format is the major cause.
- Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. Which will open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsIEXPLORE.EXE.
- Backup the key by right-clicking and selecting Export and exporting it to a REG file.
- In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type-in the full path where Internet Explorer resides (usually, C:Program FilesInternet ExplorerIExplore.exe). Don't type the value in 8.3 format, it should be in Long File Name format.
- If IExplore.exe key does not exist, create a new key and complete the above procedure. Restart Windows for the changes to take effect, and then launch QuickBooks. The error should no longer be seen.
Error: ‘You must be logged in with administrator permission to update the integration module’.
A You must be logged in with administrator permission to update the integration module error may occur when you try to run the QuickBooks Integration Manager for Replicon. The user who is trying to run the integration manager should have administrator access on both Replicon and QuickBooks.
The error is thrown because integration manager is trying to download an update available on the internet. Whenever there is an update available for QuickBooks Integration Manager, it will automatically be downloaded when you launch the integration module. You may not have the necessary permission on your computer to download and install programs or applications, or there could be a group policy on your network which is not allowing you to download the update for the QuickBooks Integration manager.
A user with administrative rights on the computer should launch the QuickBooks Integration manager to allow it to download and install the update and then you will be able to use it without any problem, or your System Administrator has to assign you the required permission to download and install the available update onto your computer.
Error: Quick books EventID 4 – An unexpected error has occured in ‘QuickBooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle’
When QuickBooks integration manager (QBi) is launched, and it tries to connect to QuickBooks, it shows a message stating: Integration Manager could not connect to QuickBooks. Please make sure that it is open. In Application section of the event viewer in Windows, it shows an error message which states:
Quick books EventID 4 – An unexpected error has occured in "QuickBooks": Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.
The issue is caused due to .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 on a Windows 7 computer.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps given below:
- Click on Start, then click Run.
- In the Run box type appwiz.cpl.
The Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window opens.
- Scroll down and locate Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. Highlight it and then click on Uninstall.
- Once the .NET Framework is uninstalled, restart the computer.
- After the computer restarts, click on Start, then click Run.
- In the Run field type appwiz.cpl.
The Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window opens.
- On the left side of the window, click on Add Remove Windows Features.
The Windows Feature page displays.
- Expand .NET Framework to show Microsoft .NET 3.5 and check the first and second option.
- Click OK.
- .NET Framework 3.5 installs.
- When the install is complete, click Finish and restart the computer.
- Follow the regular steps to integrate.
Why is the ‘Class’ column not displayed on ‘Weekly Timesheet” in QuickBooks even though it is enabled in preferences?
The Class field in QuickBooks can be mapped with fields like Activity Description, Activity Code, Task Name, Task Code, etc., in Replicon.
When you transfer time information from Replicon to Quick Books the Class filed would also get transferred as per the mappings.
However when you check the related timesheet in QuickBooks the 'Class' column might not be displayed.
The Job Costing, Class and Item tracking for paycheck expenses option might be set to Entire paycheck.
Enable Earnings item option in the Job Costing, Class and Item tracking for paycheck expenses setting in QuickBooks.
To enable this option:
- Open QuickBooks, go to Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees > Company Preferences
- Search for the setting called Job Costing, Class and Item tracking for paycheck expenses
- There are two options related to the setting:
- Entire paycheck
- Earnings item
- Enable Earnings item
Customer:Job is not present or is inactive in QuickBooks
While generating Client Invoice using Replicon Integration Manager for QuickBooks, getting the following error message. Client and Project are both present in Replicon and QuickBooks
Client Invoice could not be generated for Time (in row 7)
Possible Reason: Customer:Job [name of the Customer:Job] is not present (or inactive) in QuickBooks.
The Client and Project names are both present in Replicon and QuickBooks however there is an extra space in- between Customer's name in QuickBooks.
Make sure that the name in the QuickBooks exactly matches with the mapped field in the Replicon. This error appears when there is a mismatch. It is recommended to copy and paste the names from QuickBooks to Replicon while creating Client, Project or Users.
Error: Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application
When doing a Vendor Bill transfer from Replicon to QuickBooks, the QuickBooks Integration Manager throws the following error message,
Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
This request is not support in the specified qbXML version
This error occurs only while you attempt to transfer Vendor Bills. The reason for this behavior is if the version of QuickBooks integration Manager that is installed is not of the same edition as of QuickBooks. For Eg. if QuickBooks version is 10.0 Enterprise edition and during the installation of QuickBooks integration manager you selected QuickBooks Canada edition.
Launch QuickBooks integration manager and take a backup of the mappings.
Once you have done this, uninstall QuickBooks Integration Manager from the system and reinstall it with the correct edition of QuickBooks selected and import the mappings back into the application. If the QuickBooks version you have does not state any country specified, it would be recommended to select the US edition of QuickBooks during the installation. If QuickBooks is region-specific, please select the correct version to be able to integrate both the applications.
Credit card charges in QuickBooks
It is possible that vendors can use the corporate credit card provided by their company to incur major expenses to the customer in the process of getting a job done. Such a situation is a perfect example of option 'Billable' to client and 'Non-Reimburse' option to company for which the expenses are raised. This is how it would most typically be entered in the expense sheet in Replicon. Currently the Integration available in Replicon can Integrate the following types of data:
- Time data for Billing and Payroll purpose
- Expense data for Vendor Bill purpose. (not for Credit Card)
- Client Invoice for Time and Expenses (Vendor bill) data
- The alternative is to use the Expense Raw data Exports. Replicon can be set up the following way to capture Credit Card expenses.
- Set up an expense user defined field with Yes or No drop-down options. Default value is No. (Please refer to the attached screen shot). One can also make this as a mandatory option if required.
- Users need to pick the option Yes when they use company's credit card while entering expenses in Replicon.
- Also note, that the users will select Billable to client and Non-Reimburse options on the expense sheet in Replicon.
In the QuickBooks Integration Manager:
- Click on Expense Raw Data Exports under Integrations tab available.
- Include the User Defined Field as a Filter in the report. (Please refer to the attached screen shot)
- Select the Filter to Yes Transactions to filter out only Credit Card use.
- Select other Fields as appropriate to be included in the export.
- Click on Export button to have all these data in the CSV file.
- Check with Intuit a way to Import this CSV file data in to QuickBooks for Credit Cards usage.
If there are very less Credit Card entries by Vendors, they can also be manually entered in QuickBooks Credit card usage directly under Banking menu and Enter Credit Card Charges option.