Setting up shifts
Shifts are used to schedule when employees work. To begin, you define your organization’s standard shifts. For each shift, you specify when it starts and ends and when breaks are scheduled. Once shifts are created, the schedule manager can assign them to employees to create a work schedule.
To add a shift:
- Go to Administration > Schedules > Shifts.
- Click Add Shift.
- Enter a name, code, and description.
- Click the Color Code circle to choose a color for the shift.
The shift will be shown in this color when schedule managers or employees view the schedule.
You can click More to create a custom color.
- Specify when the shift starts and ends.
Use any of the following formats: 8a, 8 a, 8 am, 8:00 am, or 8 (the system will attempt to determine if it should be am or pm).
- For each break that occurs during the shift:
- Click Add Break Time.
- Enter the start time and duration of the break (in minutes).
- Choose the type of break.
- Click Save.
The shift is now available for assignment.