Setting up IP filtering
Looking for help with this feature in Polaris PSA or Polaris PPM? Check out Setting up IP filtering in the Polaris help.
IP filtering is a security feature that lets you create a range of valid IP addresses from which your Replicon instance can be accessed. Then, anyone using an IP address outside of that range can't log in to your instance, which blocks access by unauthorized users.
This feature can also be useful in enforcing compliance – if, for example, employees are only allowed to use Replicon when they're in the office.
The range applies to web, mobile, and CloudClock access, and is set using CIDR format.
IP filtering is not currently compatible with the following Replicon features:
- All out of the box, custom, and ADP integrations
- The CloudClock management interface
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
We're working on adding support for these features. If you use any of these features, we recommend that you leave IP filtering disabled for now.
To set up IP filtering:
- Ensure you have the IP Filtering administrator permission enabled in your assigned permission set.
- Go to Administration > System and Security > IP Filtering.
- Click Add IP Range.
- Enter a range, using CIDR format.
- Add a description, if desired, and click Add.
The range should appear in the Allowed IP Ranges table.
You can add as many ranges as you need.
Using single sign-on with Replicon
Setting up multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Setting password complexity and expiry rules
Setting user sessions to automatically time out
Setting up account lockout