Sending Replicon a mobile app error log file
If you encounter an issue while using Replicon Mobile, the Replicon Support team can better identify the cause of the problem if they can view a log file from the app. To allow Support to diagnose the problem, the log file needs to include details regarding the error that occurred. These details will only be recorded if the app is in debug mode when the error occurs.
Therefore, to send Replicon Support information about an issue, you'll first need to enable debug mode, and then continue using the app. If the error occurs again, you can choose to send the error log to Replicon.
The Android version of Replicon Mobile is in debug mode by default.
To enable debug mode in the iOS version:
- Log in to Replicon Mobile.
- Tap the More icon in the botton, right-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Move the debug toggle so it reads Debug Mode is On.
Debug mode will be turned off automatically when you log out of the app. If you’re already logged in and open the app, a message warning you debug mode is on will display.
App performance may be slower while in debug mode.
Before you can send a log file, your device must be configured to send email.
To send a log file to Replicon:
- Ensure debug mode was enabled before the error occurred. If you encounter an issue and debug mode is not enabled, no details regarding the error will be recorded in the log file.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Send Log File (iOS) or Mail Log File (Android).
Someone from our Support team will contact you regarding your issue.