How crew timesheets work
Many people who work on crews – like construction or shipping yard workers – don’t record their hours in timesheets themselves. Instead, a crew manager, who is known as a foreman in some industries, tracks time on their behalf. The hours recorded are often used to track project costs and carry out payroll.
Replicon’s crew timesheet helps crew managers record time for multiple users more efficiently.
Crew timesheet is a page that displays many timesheets, so managers can easily fill out and submit many timesheets at once. It is not a timesheet format, like the In/Out or Punch formats; each user included on a crew timesheet still has their own timesheet assigned.
Crew timesheet is accessible via the web app, and Replicon Mobile; the mobile app version is optimized for tablets, though it can also be used on phones.
Refer to Setting up crew timesheets for more details.
- Crew manager updates crew timesheet membership with workers they’re managing that day (they can do this after users punch in/out, if they prefer).
- Crew workers punch in and out, typically using their phone or a CloudClock, OR Crew manager adds in and out entries for crew workers using the crew timesheet.
- Crew manager allocates the hours the crew worked to the applicable job or cost codes (represented by projects, tasks, or activities in Replicon).
At the end of a timesheet period:
- Crew manager submits timesheets.
- Project managers review and approve timesheets.
- Project managers, cost managers, and payroll managers use timesheet data to track job costing and generate payroll.
- Simple to change crew members that appear on the timesheet, as team membership changes day to day
- Easy to record time, with all workers in one place, and mass add and copy functionality; you don’t have to open each timesheet individually
- No more inaccurate, time consuming, and costly paper-based records and calculations
- Allows crew members to spend their time putting their skills to use, rather than on time tracking and learning job codes
- Costs entered are instantly available, so project managers can track costs in real time, and make quick adjustments to save costs
- Managers who aren’t at the job site can approve hours instantly, ensuring data is quickly ready for downstream processing, avoiding costly delays
- Since payroll is calculated automatically, it is more accurate, and costs less
- Workers can record their hours by punching in and out, while managers ensure those hours are correctly classified
- Uses Replicon’s pay rules, which can make complex pay calculations automatically, including ones based on union agreements, help ensure your organization stays compliant and avoids labor law penalties
- Do not support offline access, so you’ll need data or wi-fi, if you’re using them in the field
- Are only available for use with configurable timesheets, not the ‘classic’ formats
- Offer all configurable timesheet functionality, with the exception of Daily Fields, notices, and attestations