Assigning time off types and accrual policies to users
Time off types are set up at the system level, each with a default accrual policy. When you add a user, you can choose which time off types are available to that user. When you assign a time off type to a user, the default policy for that type is automatically assigned. If a user's time off allotments differ from the default accrual policies, you will need to update their accrual policies.
To add or edit time off accrual policies to multiple users at once, you can use the Replicon Import Add-in (RIA).
To edit a user’s time off types and accrual policies:
- Go to Administration > Employees and Organization > Users.
- Select the name of the user whose time off you want to set up.
- Select Time Off from the side menu.
- You can now allow time off types, and add and edit accrual policies.
To allow a user to book time against a particular time off type, you need to enable the time off type for that user.
- If you are using our new time off system, new users have no time off types enabled by default. To enable a time off type, click Add Time Off Type and select the time off type. Repeat this to assign additional time off types.
To prevent a user from using that type in the future, click disable bookings (or remove, if you haven't saved the time off type yet).
- If you are using our legacy Time Attend and Time Off, all time off types are enabled for new users. If a time off type doesn't apply to a user, uncheck the Allowed check box located next to the name of the time off type.
To add a new accrual policy for the user:
- If you are using our new time off system, click the + button that appears at the bottom of the lowest policy tier.
Then, add the accrual settings, and click Save when you're finished. Refer to How time off policies work (for new time off system) for information on the available settings.
- If you are using Time Attend and Time Off, click Add New Policy (or Create Policy if available).
If a policy already exists, the new row will duplicate settings from the preceding policy. Update the settings, and then click Done. Refer to How time off policies work for information on the available settings.
To edit a user's time off policy:
- If you are using new time off, you don't need to do anything to enable edit mode, simply update the values that display, and then click Save. Refer to How time off policies work (for new time off system) for information on the available settings.
- If you are using Time Attend and Time Off, click Edit Historical Policies.
Update the settings, and then click Done. Refer to How time off policies work for information on the available settings.
I've updated a time off type with new default accrual settings. How can I assign those accrual settings to existing users?
If you are using Time Attend and Time Off, click the Reset to Defaults button for that time off type, and the new default settings will be applied to that user.
These is no option to apply new defaults in new time off.
How do I delete an accrual policy and an accrual rule using new time off?
In new time off, hover over the right side of an accrual policy tier, and click the icon to delete the whole policy. If you want to remove or change a rule, click the icon that displays when you hover over the top, right-hand corner of that rule.
If we assign an anniversary-based default policy to an existing user, what will its effective date be?
The effective date for the current policy will be the date when it was assigned, with subsequent policies coming into effect on the anniversary of the user's start date.
What does the view transactions link do?
If you click the view transactions link for a time off type, you can access all changes that have been made or are scheduled to be made to the balance for that type, up to two years in the future.
Can I edit accrual policies for multiple users at once?
If you are using Time Attend and Time Off, you can.
Setting up time off types
Adding default time off accrual policies (for new time off system)
About the accrual rules in time off policies
Setting up time off booking validations
Time off policy scenarios