Allocating a placeholder
Resource management is only available with the RepliconPSM, RepliconPPM, Professional Services Automation, and Project Portfolio Management products.
You can allocate a placeholder when no resources are available, or you can use placeholders to specify your staffing requirements. Before allocating a placeholder, you need to assign them to the project team.
To allocate a placeholder to a project:
- Go to Projects > Resources and click on the Placeholder Resources tab.
- Find the project you want to allocate the placeholder to.
- Find the placeholder beneath the project name.
If the placeholder you want to allocate is not shown, they are not assigned to the team for that project.
- Click in the grid where the placeholder and desired allocation dates intersect.
The Set Allocation dialog displays.
- Enter the allocation details.
- Click the Add Allocation button.
Once allocations have been added, you can update or remove them as needed.