How to submit timesheet on behalf of another user?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
In Web TimeSheet, the users timesheet can be submitted by another user or by the Web TimeSheet administrator. For example, in a situation where it is mandatory to submit the timesheet on the due date but the user could not make it to the office on due date for submitting the timesheet or neither has access to the Web TimeSheet application outside the company's network.
Any user can setup a Substitute User from "Edit User Preferences" section (Please refer solution: "How to enable the Substitute User feature for a user?" for more details) in prior, if he is already aware that he won't be available to submit the timesheet on the due date.
- Click on 'Settings' button found at the top right corner, next to 'Logout' button.
- Choose 'Substitute Users' from the left side pane, under the "Settings" category.
- Click on 'Add' button.
- Select the 'User', 'Start Date', 'End Date' and the necessary 'Permissions' and 'Forward Notifications' options [Refer solution "Understanding Substitute User access in Web TimeSheet." to get a better understanding on the various options available while adding the substitute user].
- Click on 'Save' button.
Web TimeSheet Administrator can submit the timesheet on behalf of any user from the 'Historical Timesheets' section.
- Log into 'Web TimeSheet' with administrative access.
- Click on the 'Administration' icon at the top menu bar.
- On the left side pane, under 'Shortcuts', click on 'Historical Timesheets' option.
- Use the 'Basic Filter' (which is at the top of the current page) to narrow down the search of the users timesheet that needs to be filled in. Click on the 'User' drop-down field to choose the right user name, click on the 'Timesheet Period' drop-down field to choose the timesheet period's for the selected user, click on the 'Approval Status' field to choose the 'Not Submitted' status and click on the 'Apply' button.
- Once you found the user timesheet, check off the box next to the left of the appropriate timesheet(s).
- Click on 'Submit' button at the bottom of the current page.