How to create a new report in Web TimeSheet?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
You can create new reports in Web TimeSheet by modifying a report template to meet your requirements. Only users with Add Public Reports permission can add new reports. However, if a user has Add/Delete Private Reports permission, they can add a new report by saving a copy of an existing report and then editing it.
To add a new report:
Open the Add New Report page.
- Select Reports from the top menu.
- Select Setup > Add Report from the side menu.
Complete the Basic Information section.
- Enter a name (and description, if desired) for the report in the Report Name and Description fields.
- In the Folder list, choose the folder where you want the new report to be saved.
Complete the Report Access Level section.
- Choose one of the following options: Public or Private.
Public Report (The report will be available to all users who have the report enabled in their permissions.)
- If you select this option, enable the check box next to each permission profile you want the report to be accessible to. To make the report available within all of the permission profiles, select Select All.
Private Report (Report will only be available to the user who created it.)
- The Private Report option only displays if the user has Add/Delete Private Reports permission.
- You can only specify whether a report is public or private when first creating the report. You cannot change this setting after the report is created unless you save the report under a new name.
From the Template to Base Report On section, select a template.
- If necessary, filter the template list by selecting a Category.
- Select Text, Graph, or Pivot to specify the type report template to use, from the Report Type field.
- Choose the template to base the report on from the Template list.
- The modifiable settings for that report will display at the bottom of the page.
- You can also refer to the Report Fields Matrix (PDF or Excel) for information on what columns and filters are available in each report template.
- If you begin modifying a template, any changes you make will be lost if you choose a different Category, Report Type, or Template.
- Edit the report settings.
- Tab Name
Columns: Enable the columns you want to display by default in the new report.
- All columns that display on the Columns tab will be available when editing the new report, but only the selected columns will display by default.
- You can only create custom columns when editing an existing report.
Grouping: Choose how to group the data.
- If the Summary Options section is provided, select how you would like to summarize applicable columns.
- Column Order: Choose the order in which columns are displayed and how the columns will be sorted.
- Format: Specify how the data will be displayed and how the PDF version will be formatted.
Filters: Select each filter you want to have available in the new report.
- Filters are used to control what data is included in the report. To preview what a filter will look like, select the icon beside the filter name.
Select each button you wish to have available within the new report.
- Not available for graphic reports.
- If the Summary Options section is not provided, that means that none of the selected fields are appropriate for a mathematical summary.
- (Some tabs are not available in some templates, The settings determine what data is included in the report and how it is displayed. Most of these settings can be edited after the report is added.)
- Select each button you wish to have available within the new report.
- Select Save. Web TimeSheet will add the new report to the folder you selected.