Can a user with supervisor permission enabled run project reports?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
The Web TimeSheet administrator has created a user and has assigned him 2 permission profiles, Project resource billable and Supervisor as the user also approves timesheets of a few users. The user now wants to run a project report that shows the projects data for all the projects related to his department. The project report that he wants to run is a private report created from a public report. The public report is based on the Projects/Tasks assignments template. When he tries to run the report, he gets a message “No Data”.
A user with Project resource billable permission profile enabled does not have access to project reports. A user with Supervisor permission profile enabled also does not have access to project reports. For the user to be able to run a project report that shows the projects data for all the projects related to his department, a new permission profile needs to be created and after enabling a few permission entries in the permission profile, assign it to the user. Please find below the steps to create a new permission profile and assign a few permission entries.
- Step 1: Login to Web TimeSheet (WTS) as an admin or user with admin rights.
- Step 2: Click the Administration tab in the System section at the top of the application window.
- Step 3: Click Permissions under Users/Departments at the left hand side of the application window.
- Step 4: Click the Add button to create a new permission profile.
- Step 5: Name the new permission profile and base it on an existing profile, say, Project Manager.
- Step 6: Under System, uncheck all the permission entries.
- Step 7: Under Reports, ensure Reporting functions, and Can view all report data in the Reports section and Task Assignments in the Project Reports section are enabled and all other permission entries are disabled. Save the permission profile.
- Step 8: Assign this permission profile to the user.
Once the user is assigned this new permission profile, he can run the project report.