How to add a resource in Web Resource?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
To add one or more resources:
- Select 'Add Resource' from the 'Resources' menu. Alternately, you can select 'List Resources' from the 'Resources' menu and then select the 'Add' button.
- Enter the 'First Name' and 'Last Name' of the user in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the user's employee ID in the 'Employee ID' field, if applicable.
- Enter the email address of the user in the 'E-mail' field.
- Select the 'Enabled' check box to allow the user to access Web Resource.
- Enter a unique 'User Name for the resource.'
- Select Use 'WTS Authentication' to use the user's Web TimeSheet login and password to access Web Resource. To enable this option, the 'User Name' entered must match the user name in Web TimeSheet.
- If you did not enable the Use 'WTS Authentication' option, enter a password and retype the password to confirm it in the 'Password' and Confirm 'Password fields.'
- Enter the number of 'Hours per Day' the user works.
- Enter the user’s 'Cost per Hour.'
- Enter the 'Percentage Allocation Target and Tolerance for the user.'
- Select the 'Allow new project and time off bookings' check box if the resource can be assigned to projects.
- If required, enable the 'Project Leader' check box to give this resource project leader status. Resources with this check box enabled can be assigned the project leader for projects. Project leader status is used for tracking, filtering, and reporting purposes only, and grants the resource no extra permissions.
- Select the Save button or select the 'Save & Add More' button if you want to save the user and begin adding a new user. If you want to abort adding this user, select the 'Cancel' button. If you clicked the 'Save' button above, the user will be added and a new page will appear allowing you to add more advanced user information, including permissions, groups, and skills.
- To assign permission types to the resource, select the 'Edit' button within the 'Security Access' section and enable the appropriate permission types for the resource. Select the 'Save' button to save the permission types and return to the previous page.
- To assign the resource to one or more groups, select the 'Edit' button within the 'Groups' section and enable the appropriate groups (organized by category) for the resource. Select the 'Save' button to save the groups and return to the previous page.
- To assign skills to the resource, select the 'Edit' button within the 'Skills' section and select the appropriate skill and skill level for the resource. Select the 'Add' button to add the skill to the list. Repeat this to add additional skills. To remove a skill, check the 'Remove' check box. Select the 'Save' button to save the skills and return to the previous page.
- Select the 'Back' button to return to the 'List Resources' page.
Before adding a resource, please ensure you have the correct permission types and skills defined in Web Resource.
Resources can also be added to Web Resource by transferring them from Web TimeSheet using the integration tool or by importing them.