A Web TimeSheet user with administrator rights is unable to transfer time entries to QuickBooks.
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
A Web TimeSheet user with administrator rights is unable to transfer time entries from Web TimeSheet (WTS) to QuickBooks (QB). He is able to transfer time entries when he logs into QB as an Admin user. However, when he logs into QB as a non-admin user, he is unable to transfer time entries and receives an error message that the user does not exist in QB when it does.
As you are aware, you have multiple permission profiles in WTS each of which can be configured according to the organization’s requirements. By default, Administrator permission profile in WTS has full access. Similarly, you can set up users and roles in QB. Each user can be assigned multiples roles. For a user to be able to transfer time entries from WTS to QB, he should have the appropriate roles enabled in QB.
To set up users and roles in QuickBooks, launch QuickBooks and login to QuickBooks as an admin and follow the steps below:
- Click Company in the tool bar and then click Users under Setup Users and Roles.
- You can add Users by clicking the New button. Just as a WTS user can have multiple permission profiles, each user in QB can have multiple roles assigned.
- You can use the default roles or create a new role.
- To create a new role, click the Role List tab and click the New Button.
- Under Role Access, you can define Area Access Level for each Area and Activity like Accounting, Banking, and Time Tracking etc.
- Once a role is created, you can assign the role to the user. To do this, highlight the user and click the Edit button.
You can now assign multiple roles to a user. For the user to be able to transfer time entries from Web TimeSheet (WTS) to QuickBooks (QB) you can edit his role and give him partial or full access to areas like Time Tracking or give him full access.