Where can one specify the PWA account details in the MSP 2007 to connect to MSP server?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
Few project changes can be done in PWA however extensive project changes can be easily done in Microsoft Project Software. Therefore, it is necessary for Project Server details to be made available in Microsoft Project Standard/Professional, so that, changes can be directly done (published) to server with the help of MSP Professional or Standard. This article describes the steps where one has to add the Project server details in MSP Standard/Pro 2007.
- Launch the Microsoft Project Professional/Standard.
- Click on 'Tools' tab.
- Point to 'Enterprise Options' and click on 'Microsoft Office Project Server Accounts'.
- In the 'Project Server Accounts' box, click 'Add'.
- In the 'Account Properties', type in the name of the account in 'Account Name' (It can be anything).
- Type in the Project Server URL of PWA in the 'Project Server URL' (Please refer to the attached screenshot to the solution by the name – 'PWA Account Deatils.PNG').
- Choose the appropriate method of Authentication (Windows/Forms authentication).
- Click OK.
If required one can make this account as the default project server account for MSP Standard to connect to when launched.