Troubleshooting Techniques – Microsoft Project Integration Manager
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
If you encounter any of the issues listed below while using the Integration Manager, use the troubleshooting information listed for the same.
1. Deleted Task Still Exists in Web TimeSheet after Update
If you have deleted a task in Microsoft Project and the corresponding task has not been deleted in Web TimeSheet after an update, verify that the task is not selected on any users’ Timesheets. If the task has been selected on a user’s timesheet, Web TimeSheet prevents the task from being deleted, even if no time has been entered against it. Have the user select another task or delete the timesheet row and then save the timesheet. Update Web TimeSheet using the Integration Manager again and the task should be deleted from Web TimeSheet.
2. Task work values change when a new assignment is added using MSP Integration manager (MSPI).
If you add an assignment using Web TimeSheet Integration Manager for MS Project Server your resulting Task Work field in Web TimeSheet will be different from, if you added the assignment manually.
This is because MSPI uses MS Project Server's application programming interface (API) tool, which uses this formula:
Task Work = Task Duration * 8 * Number of resources assigned to task
This results in Task Work being updated.
In contrast, manual entry uses this formula:
Task Duration = Task Work / (8 * Number of resources assigned to task)
This results in Task Duration being updated.
3. Cannot Connect to Project Server after restoring Database
If you restore the Project Server database on the Project server, you may be prevented from connecting to Project Server via the Integration Manager, and receive the following error message:
The Microsoft Project server needs to be configured and connected. Please go to the Configuration tab and enter the server information, your username,
password and click the connect button.
To establish a connection:
1. Reinstall the RPDS Extensions on the Project server. Installing the RPDS Extensions creates tables and views in the database that are required to connect
the Integration Manager and the Project server.
2. If you have created a dedicated username and password in your database for use in connecting to Web Timesheet, ensure that:
Note: If any of these issues persist or for more information, contact Replicon Support.