How to restore a (.QBB) file in QuickBooks?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
A QBB file is created by Intuit's Quick Books software when the backup feature is utilized. These files are proprietary and cannot be read by any other software package available to the average consumer. It is important to realize that using the same version of Quick Books to restore the file as it was backed up in is recommended and that trying to restore a quicken backup file (QBB) using an older version of Quick Books than the file was created in may not work.
Restoring a QBB (Quick Books Backup) File:
1. Locate the file to be restored. Typically, this may be saved on a computer's hard disk (which is not recommended due to a potential hard disk crash will lose all of your data), an external hard drive, a recordable CD, or a USB drive.
Note: Please ensure that the removable media used to back up your file is inserted into the computer.
2. Open Quick Books.
3. Pull down the File menu and choose "Open or Restore Company."
4. Select "Restore a backup copy" and click "Next."
5. Select "Local backup" and choose "Next."
6. Choose the backup file (.QBB) you wish to restore from the "Open Backup Copy" window or use the "Look in" feature to locate your file.
7. Click "Open" and then "Next."
(Please note – if you are restoring a backup file from removable media, you will need to tell Quick Books where to restore the file to. This is done by clicking on the "Save in" arrow and finding the correct folder to restore your data to on your hard drive.)
8. If needed, click the Save in drop-down arrow and navigate to the location where you want to restore the backup file.
9. Select the backup file, click Save, and respond to any messages Quick Books may display.