Applicable to : Web TimeSheet all version
Issue : When the customer tries to login to Web TimeSheet, intermittently gets the error message as follows:
"Server Timing Out"
It mainly occurs on Internet Explorer 8/9 on Windows Vista or Windows 7 platform.
Cause : It is due to the fact that the Receive Time Out by default for Internet Explorer is 10060 seconds. Within this span of time if the website is not able to connect to the server, then it returns with error message of Server Time Out / Connection Timed Out.
Resolution : To resolve the issue, please follow the steps given below:
1) Check the version of Internet Explorer. To do so, please click on Help –> About Internet Explorer.
Generally with Windows Vista or Windows 7 Operating System, the Internet Explorer version would either be Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9.
2) Then we need to clear all the cache and cookies of Internet Explorer. To clear the temporary Internet files please follow the steps given below:
a) Click on Tools –> Internet Options
b) Then click on Delete under Browsing History and it would open a new windows
c) By default, Preserve Favorites website data, Temporary Internet files, Cookies, History would be checked.
d) Then click on Delete to clear the cache of Internet Explorer.
3) Once done, we would return to the Internet properties window. Under Browsing History, click on Settings and it would open Temporary Internet Files and History Settings window.
4) Click on View Files and it opens the Windows Explorer the location of which would be as follows:
C:Documents and Settingsuser nameLocal SettingsTemporary Internet Files
5) Select all the files and then delete them.
6) Once done close Internet Properties window and also close Internet Explorer.
7) Then click on the Pearl Button of Windows Vista or 7 and in the start search type Run and hit Enter.
8) In the Run box type regedit
9) The Registry Editor Window would come up.
10) Locate the following subkey:
11) In this subkey, add a ReceiveTimeout DWORD entry that has a value of (<number of seconds>)*1000.
For example, if you want the time-out duration to be 8 minutes, set the value of the ReceiveTimeout entry to 480000 (<480>*1000).
Steps to follow are given below:
a) Right click on the second half of registry editor
b) An option called "New" will appear.
c) Select the option "DWORD (32 bit) Value".
d) An entry called "New Value #1"will appear in the same window
e) Right click on that entry and rename it as "ReceiveTimeout"(without quotes)
f) Again right click on "ReceiveTimeout" and select modify.
g) Select the option hexadecimal and edit the value to 480000
h) Close the registry editor and restart the computer
Then try to login to Web TimeSheet and the Server Timing Out error would not appear anymore.