How to assign a User Defined Field (UDF) to act as a Project’s start date recorder.
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
Since Web Timesheet does not record any project's create date, we can make one of the User Defined Fields as a start date recorder, which will automatically populate the project's create date whenever a new project is created.
To create a UDF and assign it as a Project's Start Date recorder, follow the steps given below :-
– Click on 'Administration' icon and select 'Users/Departments' box and then click on 'User Defined Fields'.
– Click on 'Project/Task' tab under User Defined Fields.
– Click on any of the unused UDF fields.
This will open the 'User Defined Field Settings for Project/Task' window
– Fill the Name as " Project Start Date "
– Select 'Type' as "Date" from the available drop down.
– Leave the 'From' and 'To' boxes blank.
– Let the 'Default Value' box to have the word " $Today "
– Ensure 'Required' and 'Enabled' boxes are checked.
– Click on Save to save the settings for this UDF.
Now when you create a new project, this UDF will automatically populate the current date and will be visible under the "Edit Project Structure" window.
Note : If you delete the " $Today " command from Default Value box, then you will have to manually input the date every time you create a project.