How to calculate estimated hours, remaining hours and actual hours for a client?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
Web TimeSheet administrator wants to calculate the estimated hours, remaining hours for a particular client. The actual hours also needs to be calculated for the same client but for a particular date range.
In order to achieve this objective you will need to setup the Detailed (Task-User) report that will provide the Project Remaining Hrs, Project Estimated Hrs for a particular client. However in order to calculate the Project Actual Hours for a particular date range you will need to set up a custom column in the same report. In order to do this you will need to follow these steps:
- Log into the Web TimeSheet as an administrator.
- Select Reports from the top menu bar.
- Select Detailed (Task-User) from the Project Reports section.
- Click Settings in the Detailed (Task-User) report.
- In the Edit Report window, put a check mark next to Client Name in the Client section.
- Put a check mark next to Project Remaining Hrs and Project Estimated Hrs in the Project/Task section.
- Uncheck all the other columns.
- Scroll down to the Custom Columns section in the Edit Report window.
- Click on Add and provide a name for the custom column (Ex: Project Actual Hrs) in the filed that has New Custom Column mentioned in it.
- Then click on the drop down next to Field to Insert, select Billable Hrs and click on Insert.
- Type in the + sign using the keyboard.
- Click on the drop down next to Field to Insert again, select Non-Billable Hrs and click on Insert.
- Then click on the Groupings tab in the Edit Report window and select Client Name in the drop-down next to Rows Group By.
- In the Groupings tab, locate Summary Options section and highlight the Sum option next to Project Remaining Hrs, Project Estimated Hrs and Custom Column.
- Click on the Filters tab in the Edit Report window and put a check mark next to only Client and Date Range filters and uncheck the other filter options.