How to insert a created Custom Field in Microsoft Project?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
Once you have customized a field, the next step is to insert it in a view.
- Click the column header for the column that you want to appear to the right of the custom field.
- On the Insert menu, click Column.
- Click the name of the custom field in the Field name list. If you permanently renamed the field when you customized it, it will be listed under its new name.
- If you do not want to use the permanent name of your custom field, type a new name in the Title box.
- Select how you want the column aligned, using the Align title and Align data lists.
- Type a width for the column in the Width box. You can also adjust column width in the view itself, by dragging the edge of the column to make it wider or narrower.
- If you want the column header text to wrap to multiple lines if the column is too narrow to display it on one line, select the Header Text Wrapping check box. Clear this check box if you want the header to only be displayed on one line.
- Click OK to insert the column in the displayed view.