What are the different rates that can be applied to a Project?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
- The project rate is a default billing rate for the entire project.
- You define the rate when you first create the project, and can modify the rate at any time.
- The project rate is the default rate assigned to all team members.
- Roles identify specific types of work (for example, project management or HTML coding) that are charged at defined rates.
- Roles are global in scope (that is, they can apply to multiple projects), and are therefore created outside the project.
- Each role is associated with a global default billing rate that applies to all projects to which you add the role. You can modify this role rate and have it project specific, if needed.
User or Department rate
- User/department rates apply to specific project team members (users or departments).
- User/department rates are specific to the project in which they are defined.
- They do not apply to any other projects.
- When you add a user rate to a project, the user's default billing rate (assigned in their user profile) will display in the rate field; however, this value can be changed.
- The user rate, not the department rate, is applied, if both a user and their department are assigned to a project.