This article contains information about how to do use Mass Edit on Projects that helps in editing project information and to Add/Replace Project/Task Assignments.
A couple of scenarios where you might want to mass edit projects:
- A client assigns a new representative, and multiple projects associated with that client need to be updated to reflect the new client approver.
- Your organization has just hired a new employee, and you need to assign that employee to multiple projects and tasks.
To edit multiple projects at once, open the List Projects page:
- Log in as the Web TimeSheet Administrator or as the Project Leader/Manager.
- Select Project from the top menu.
- Make sure to choose the appropriate options from the filters Display & and found at the top right side of the Projects list header.
- Use the Search option found at the bottom of the current page to lookup for a particular Project.
- From the list of Projects listed in current page, select the projects you wish to edit.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl Key.
- Click to highlight & select multiple projects.
To edit Project Information:
- Click the Edit button at the bottom of the current page. The Edit Multiple Projects page is displayed.
- Modify the necessary project information.
- Any changes you make on this page will override the existing information for the projects you selected.
- Click the gray check boxes to change the check box option as Enable/Clear for all selected projects.
If you are editing team member project assignments, four edit options are available which are as follows,
- Add to project assignments:
- Adds the new assignments to the existing project assignments (does not affect the existing assignments).
- Add to project and all sub-task assignments:
- Adds the new assignments to the existing project and sub-task assignments (does not affect the existing assignments). If you choose to add to project and sub-task assignments, be aware that the process may take some time, depending on the size of the projects you are editing.
- Replace project assignments:
- Replaces the existing project assignments with the new assignments (overwrites all existing assignments for the project only).
- Replace project and all sub-task assignments:
- Replaces the existing project and sub-task assignments with the new assignments (overwrites all existing assignments for both the project and all sub-tasks). If you choose to replace project and sub-task assignments, be aware that the process may take some time, depending on the size of the projects you are editing.
- Click Save.
Project fields for which you have permission to edit will be visible. If the projects are selected and a mass edit – team is performed, the user can be denied access to enter time against the selected projects and tasks but can not be removed from the Project Team. The same is applicable, when all the projects are selected and the edit button is pressed. Here, clicking on the Remove button does not remove the user from the project team.