How do I make selection of an activity mandatory on timesheets?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
To require users to make a selection from the Activity column:
First, create a new permission profile with the Activity Selection Required permission:
- Select Administration from the top menu, and then select Users/Departments > Permissions from the side menu.
- Click Add.
- Name the new profile. You could call it Activity Selection Required.
- Click the next to the Timesheet check box to expand this permissions category.
- Enable the Show Activities in Timesheet check box.
- Select Activity Selection Required from the drop down box.
- Click Save.
Then, assign that new permission profile to the users for whom activity selection should be mandatory:
- Select Shortcuts > Users from the side menu.
- Click the edit icon next to the user's name. Or, Ctrl-click to select multiple users.
- Under Permissions on the Access tab, enable the new permission profile.
- Click Save.
Note: As an alternative to creating a new permission profile, you could add the permission to an existing profile. However, if you do this, be sure the profile is only assigned to users for whom you want activity selection to be required.
For information on setting up activities, refer to Defining Activities in the online help.