Why can’t some employees see all data in reports?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
What data users can see in reports depends on their roles and permissions, and on whether hierarchy filtering is enabled in your system. These limitations exist for security reasons, to help keep confidential data private. Refer to How Hierarchy Filtering and Permissions affect Report Data Visibility in Web TimeSheet's online help for more information on this. However, you can easily allow any user to view all report data. Remember that this will allow the user to see data for all employees, including cost and payroll data.
- First, create a new permission profile with the Can View All Report Data permission:
- Select Administration from the top menu, and then select Users/Departments > Permissions from the side menu.
- Click Add.
- Name the new profile. You could call it Can View All Report Data.
- Select the Reports tab, and then click the next to the Reports check box to expand this permissions category.
- Enable the Can View All Report Data check box.
- Click Save.
- Then, assign that new permission profile to the user:
- Select Shortcuts > Users from the side menu.
- Click the beside the user's name. Or, Ctrl-click to select multiple users.
- Under Permissions on the Access tab, enable the new permission profile.
- Click Save.
As an alternative to creating a new permission profile, you could add the permission to an existing profile. However, if you do this, be sure the profile is only assigned to users you want viewing all report data.