Why are items I am supposed to approve automatically approved by the system?
Find resources designed to help you get the most from Replicon
To prevent delays in the approval process, the system may automatically approve timesheets, time off bookings, or expense sheets. When this occurs, <System> is added in the approval details.
The system will automatically approve the item if:
- The user is not assigned an approval path
- One or more of the approver types listed in the item's approval path is not defined for the employee
For example, a user submits a timesheet that uses a Supervisor –> Project Leader approval path, and one of the projects on the timesheet has not been set up with a project leader. After the supervisor has approved the user's timesheet, Replicon will automatically approve the timesheet and thereby complete the approval process.
- The approval path or approver type assigned to the user is not defined in the system
- A user or administrator unsubmits and then resubmits and item without making any changes
This means that, if a timesheet is approved by a first approver and then rejected by a second, and the timesheet's owner modifies only comments and then resubmits, the timesheet will be system approved instead of needing re-approval from the first approver.
- The approver start date falls after the timesheet was submitted
- A user's start date falls before their approver's start date
In this situation, the system will approve all items destined for that approver that were submitted prior to their start date.
- A user is assigned System as their approver