ThinkQ Inc. attracts more business with replicon
ThinkQ Inc. is a small, woman-owned, service-disabled veteran business. The company’s main area of focus is consulting for the United States Government. ThinkQ Inc.’s specialties are A-76 Post-Competition Accountability, and Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Oversight. Along with government consulting, they do general consulting work, and develop software applications to solve specific problems related to their areas of specialty.
ThinkQ Inc.’s services are focused in three areas:
- QMSIT: A software package that provides support to Quality Management Programs.
- Consulting: Expert assistance with any part of the outsourcing and quality processes.
- Training: Classroom and in-field training on Quality Control, Assurance and Oversight.
As an organization that has employees based throughout the United States, ThinkQ Inc. relies on internet technologies for company-wide communication.
With their current time tracking system, ThinkQ was finding:
- Using Excel spreadsheets to track time was too time-consuming.
- Managers were spending too much time reviewing and extracting the data.
- Maintaining a program built in-house to create reports from the Excel information was time consuming for the IT Department.
- They needed a program that could compile all of the data in one place and that was accessible to all employees based throughout the United States.
- They needed to provide employees with a simple solution for submitting travel expenses.
- They needed a simplified way for the employees to enter time for projects whether the client is charged by either fixed cost or time and material.
Before finding Web TimeSheet, ThinkQ Inc. used Excel spreadsheets to track time. Every two weeks employees would send these files to their managers for review. The information would then be extracted and used to construct invoices for clients. After realizing that they needed a better solution for time tracking, ThinkQ Inc. took a two-pronged approach to their search, creating two teams from the IT Department to work on the project. One team began evaluating commercial software; while the other team determined the feasibility of building a program in-house. After reviewing the results of this process, ThinkQ Inc. decided to purchase Web TimeSheet because, according to Cary Shaffner, Deputy Director of Operations at ThinkQ Inc., “Web TimeSheet is our dream timesheet. If we were to sit down and try to build a timesheet program, it would be Web TimeSheet.”
- ThinkQ Inc. looked at either building an in-house program, or purchasing something pre-made. Web TimeSheet was one of numerous systems evaluated.
- Web TimeSheet offered everything that ThinkQ Inc. had identified as a need in a time-tracking system.
- ThinkQ Inc. worked with one of Replicon’s product experts throughout the purchasing process for Web TimeSheet, which was straightforward, with clear communication every step of the way.
- ThinkQ Inc. now has a time-tracking tool that is simple to use yet has powerful configuration options.
- Collectively, administrative time for management has been reduced by 90%, with time spent on time-tracking dropping from 35 to 3.5 hours per week.
- Employees are saving an average of 30 minutes each per week on time-tracking.
- With no problems encountered in the year that Web TimeSheet has been in use, it is the easiest system the IT Department has to maintain.
- With Web TimeSheet’s various reporting options, the IT Department no longer has to maintain separate software for reporting.
- With Web TimeSheet, ThinkQ Inc. can track both time and expenses with one system, utilizing both the expense sheets and the expense sheet attachment options available.
- With easy set up of new projects and straightforward data entry, end users never have to worry whether projects are charged based on fixed cost or time and material; they simply enter the time spent.
- Fewer errors are made and the e-mail integration makes communication between the managers and employees a breeze, allowing the corrections to be entered quickly.
- Compliance to regulatory guidance and law allows ThinkQ Inc. to attract more business.
- Web TimeSheet has enabled ThinkQ Inc. to become listed on the United States GSA Schedule, helping them draw more customers.
- Ensured compliance to regulatory guidance and law allowing them to attract more business
- Reduced data entry errors and increased communication between managers and employees with e-mail notifications
- Reduced by administrative time by 90%, with time spent on timetracking dropping from 35 to 3.5 hours per week
"Dealing with Replicon to purchase [TimeBill] was beautiful. We asked 'how much will it cost?' and you told us. We've found that with other software companies, we'll ask for a price, and they'll say, 'how about we meet for lunch to discuss it?"