Web-based Timesheet Provider Replicon Inc. Launches Web-based Resource Scheduling Software
Calgary, Alberta, Canada – (April 6, 2005) – Replicon Inc., the market’s leading provider of time tracking software, has announced the release of Web Resource, its web-based resource scheduling solution. Building on the success of Web TimeSheet, Replicon has created another robust and yet simple web-based solution, aimed at helping organizations better manage their project costs and schedules. In anticipation of the product’s launch, over 30 companies have pre-purchased Web Resource, with many more organizations currently evaluating the product.
Today, many organizations are discovering that spreadsheets are not an effective solution for high-level scheduling of resources to projects. In addition, most of the current project management applications on the market are much too cumbersome and complicated for the simple task of resource scheduling. It is for these reasons that Replicon created Web Resource. Web Resource is a simple, web-based resource scheduling solution. By providing increased visibility into an organization’s labor pool, including employee availability and skills, organization can improve resource utilization and resource planning.
Key features of Web Resource include:
Real-time Flexible Calendar Views
- View calendars by project, by resource, or by employee
- Quickly determine resource gaps or “bench time”
- Rapidly identify and resolve resource booking conflicts
- Recognize project overlaps and project gaps
Simple Employee Resource Scheduling
- Search for and assign resources by name, skill type, or skill level
- Manage an unlimited resource pool
- Share resources across multiple projects, concurrently
- Define a skills inventory for each resource
- Manage employees’ time off
- View, print, and share critical reports
- Conflict, Resources, Projects, and Resource Allocation reports
Replicon’s Web Resource is now available for purchase. click here for a trial version of Web Resource.